Loosing internet connection every ~2 hours on router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-26 11:42:56 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:33:21
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hello!

I have some strange issue with my Archer C6 router. Every ~2 hours it disconnects and reconnects for some seconds (all indicators are green on the router-no red or orange), as a result, all my connected devices are losing connection for some seconds. It happens both with my wifi and wired devices connected to the router.

I tried to connect directly to my ISP modem (Archer C6 router is connected to this device) and that connection is stable, so it is a Archer C6 router issue.

Can someone help to understand what causes this issue? It started some 2 month ago, before that everything was ok.

I have installed the latest firmware - that doesn`t help. I checked system log - that doesn`t show any issue log at disconnection.

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Loosing internet connection every ~2 hours on router-Solution
2020-09-27 06:32:54 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:33:21

@Deivids 

Hello, sorry for the trouble caused, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it. 

So the current Archer C6 will lose connection on both wireless and wired connection, and all the wireless devices will show connected but no internet for some time and will recover automatically?

Please login to the web UI of the Archer C6 when it stops working, and please take a full screenshot of the advanced-status page and send it to us.

At the same time, with your computer connected to the modem directly, can you access the internet? 

Besides, please log in to the router again to check the WAN IP address, Default Gateway, and DNS server. Write down all the parameters or take a screenshot. It is suggested to change the DNS server on the router WAN to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot it and confirm.

If that doesn't help, please save then send us the System Log (Advanced>System Tools>System Log).

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-05 20:01:45 - last edited 2020-11-06 00:59:29

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for help!

In the end it turned out that issue was actually not with C6, but with ISP router who had some hardware issue with Port 1. Router was changed and now all works good.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2020-09-27 06:32:54 - last edited 2020-09-27 06:33:21

@Deivids 

Hello, sorry for the trouble caused, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it. 

So the current Archer C6 will lose connection on both wireless and wired connection, and all the wireless devices will show connected but no internet for some time and will recover automatically?

Please login to the web UI of the Archer C6 when it stops working, and please take a full screenshot of the advanced-status page and send it to us.

At the same time, with your computer connected to the modem directly, can you access the internet? 

Besides, please log in to the router again to check the WAN IP address, Default Gateway, and DNS server. Write down all the parameters or take a screenshot. It is suggested to change the DNS server on the router WAN to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot it and confirm.

If that doesn't help, please save then send us the System Log (Advanced>System Tools>System Log).

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Loosing internet connection every ~2 hours on router
2020-09-27 17:39:06 - last edited 2020-11-05 19:57:59

@Kevin_Z thanks for getting back to me.

Here`s your requested information:

Yes

Print screen attached

Yes

Changed to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - this didn`t help.

Log file attached (reporting disconnection that happened today, 19:20)

I suspect it could be firmware issue, as this issue pop-up`ed after firmware upgrade (I think it was July this year). Before that everything worked fine. The latest firmware`s seems not fixing this issue.

Thanks!

File:
syslog-2020-09-27.logDownload
Options
2020-09-28 07:53:51 - last edited 2020-11-06 00:59:27

@Deivids 

Hello,

This issue may need to escalate to our engineers and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-11-05 20:01:45 - last edited 2020-11-06 00:59:29

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for help!

In the end it turned out that issue was actually not with C6, but with ISP router who had some hardware issue with Port 1. Router was changed and now all works good.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-06 00:59:03

@Deivids 

Hi, glad to know it works.

Just let us know if you have any other inquiries.

Good day~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 792

Replies: 5