USB drive only showing limited folders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-26 15:05:37 - last edited 2020-09-27 01:38:45
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 170504 Rel.68210n

I recently bought an Archer VR600 in the hope of streaming music around the house by attaching a USB drive drive to the router.

I've plugged in a Samsung 2TB HDD with roughly 2500 mp3 albums all nicely organised in individual folders. I've shared the entire drive and can see everything as expected via a PC but if I try and stream music to my Samsung TV or to my wireless speakers via the Samsung Multiroom app I'm only seeing the first folder (with some limited sub folders within). I've played around for hours trying to find a combo that will work... but I'm still limited in what I can see. I've tried sharing individual folders but only ever see 1 at the top level... and the most I've managed to see is 98 sub folders... which isn't great when I've got 2500+ in there.

Is there a known limitation here? I can see others complaining of what appears to be same issue and no resolution. I was trying to avoid going down the NAS route as I've got multiple regular HDD's not being used... however I'm not confident that if I spend circa £500 on a NAS it's still not going to deliver what I want based on current experiences...

Any advice/recommendations... or confirmation that this solution is not going to work?

N.B. I'm on the latest firmware and there's nothing wrong with the MP3 files... I have a duplicate HDD with the same albums and they all play fine when connected to my PC.

Thanks in anticipation of some help yes

Options
1 Reply
Re:USB drive only showing limited folders
2020-09-28 03:48:26

@cac123 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

There is a limitation of the files, around 10000+;

Since you could see all folders on the computer, there might be a limitation between the Samsung TV and wireless speaker;

If possible, please try to run a test on the mobile phone and check how many files on the smartphone:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1198/

and If anyone who had better ideas, please feel free to post it here, thanks a lotheart.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 1