Deco M5 suddenly not allowing ios9 devices onto internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-27 03:51:00 - last edited 2020-09-29 02:22:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Ok this is a weird one. All of a sudden today September 26 my youngest daughters iPad mini and my oldest daughters iPod, both running ios 9.3.5 (they are older devices and that's where they max out on iOS updates) stopped getting on to the internet. Both are connected to the Deco wifi and I can see them on the app. I deleted both of their profiles under parental controls which were set up to turn off internet access at bedtime during school nights, reset network settings on their i devices but still nothing! Connect to the network no problem but it won't let them onto the internet. All other iPads and iPhones and other computers in the house/on the network having no issues getting online.  I'm stumped! Anyone else having similar issues? Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 suddenly not allowing ios9 devices onto internet -Solution
2020-09-27 14:56:35 - last edited 2020-09-29 02:22:19

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for the response. I tried creating a guest network and putting just their devices on it and turning of 5GHz so they only accessed 2.4 and various combinations of that set up but still didn't work.  Frustrated the hell out of me as the only common denominator was that the issue was only with these two ios9 devices. After spending 2-3 hours last night I just gave up and went to bed. 

Now having checked this morning, they are both getting onto the internet via the Deco with no problems. 🤷‍♂️  

Im moderately knowledgeable about IT and networking so I know how to diagnose and figure out most issues, but this one was a mystery as they were able to get on to the internet via an old wifi setup I had and tested and via a neighbours  open wifi, so it had to be the Deco itself not allowing them access to the web.  Now, no issues. 

I'm just happy they're both accessing it. FYI I'm on the latest firmware 1.4.7. 

Again, thank you for your response. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 suddenly not allowing ios9 devices onto internet
2020-09-27 08:54:26

@Mikac 

Hello, can you confirm if both the iPad mini and the iPod working on 2.4GHz only? Are they connected to the main network or guest network? You may try to switch to the other to give it a go.

BTW, what is the IP address on these two, are they correctly assigned by the gateway? Try to ping the gateway and see what is the result.

Options
Re:Deco M5 suddenly not allowing ios9 devices onto internet -Solution
2020-09-27 14:56:35 - last edited 2020-09-29 02:22:19

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for the response. I tried creating a guest network and putting just their devices on it and turning of 5GHz so they only accessed 2.4 and various combinations of that set up but still didn't work.  Frustrated the hell out of me as the only common denominator was that the issue was only with these two ios9 devices. After spending 2-3 hours last night I just gave up and went to bed. 

Now having checked this morning, they are both getting onto the internet via the Deco with no problems. 🤷‍♂️  

Im moderately knowledgeable about IT and networking so I know how to diagnose and figure out most issues, but this one was a mystery as they were able to get on to the internet via an old wifi setup I had and tested and via a neighbours  open wifi, so it had to be the Deco itself not allowing them access to the web.  Now, no issues. 

I'm just happy they're both accessing it. FYI I'm on the latest firmware 1.4.7. 

Again, thank you for your response. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 suddenly not allowing ios9 devices onto internet
2020-09-29 02:24:46

@Mikac 

Hi, thanks a lot for your valued feedback, we are glad to hear that the issue was mysteriously resolved by itself even we don't know why either.

Keep monitoring the functionality on those iPad mini and iPod and let the community know if you have further inquiries.

Good days~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 3

Related Articles