Archer 400 SetUp Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer 400 SetUp Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer 400 SetUp Problem
Archer 400 SetUp Problem
2020-09-27 15:31:49 - last edited 2020-09-28 11:11:11
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up an Archer 400 to replace my BT HomeHub.  However, as soon as I connect it to my laptop via an ethernet cable it asks for a password.  It misses the step shown in the setup instructions of asking you to create a password.  I have tried and failed to reset the router - the little hole in the back for resetting does not respond to being pressed by a thin metal spike.  Very frustrated!  Help please.  Thanks nick

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer 400 SetUp Problem
2020-09-29 06:00:24

@NickB1 

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tried to unplug and plug it back, after that, please hold the reset pinhole again for 10s to see if there is any difference?

By the way, did you just purchase this device and where did you get this modem?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Archer 400 SetUp Problem
2020-09-29 09:07:44

@Sunshine Thanks for your advice.  i have eventually managed to reset the router and start the set up process again.  Howver, I'm now having problems finding the right BT username and password.  

I bought the router in February 2020 but only just got around to trying to set it up.  I've been held up by Covid lockdown.

Nick

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 2

Related Articles