Deco M4 disconnected from other Decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-27 16:37:03 - last edited 2020-09-27 16:47:41
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 37987

Hi all,

I had purchased the 2pack of Deco M4 v1, and the two of them work flawlessly for the past 3 weeks. I now purchased another Deco M4 v1, but this one is a bit stubborn. At first, it connected straight ahead with the other Decos and worked flawlessly for 2 days, and then the LED suddenly started flashing red and lost connectivity with the other Decos. I tried turning it off and on again, and sometimes it connects, sometimes it does not. I switched it places with the other (not main) Deco I have, and it started working for a couple of hours and then disconnected again.

I tried to remove and add it again, I pressed the RESET button on the base of the device, and it still behaves the same way, works for a few hours and the disconnects again.

I also tried to move it right next to the main Deco, and it again behaves the same way.

Is there something with the firmware itself, or is the device acting weird because of a hardware problem? How can I troubleshoot this, I cannot find any error logs on the application, and I would appreciate it if you can guide me to a solution.

My network topology consists of 3 Deco M4 v1 devices, placed in 3 different rooms with a distance of 5-10 meters each of the sattelites (with 1 or 2 walls in between) from the main Deco. There are 10 devices connected in total, 2 with ethernet and the rest with wifi.

Thank you in advance,

Thanasis

EDIT:

I found error longs through the web interface, so I am attaching them.

I also want to add that I have done multiple restarts on all Decos, and the problem with the specific one persists. While I was writing this message, the one Deco was not working, but started working when I posted this message without me doing anything to make it work (like restarting or reseting).

File:
log-2020-09-27.logDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 disconnected from other Decos
2020-09-29 10:13:08

@thanasis00 

Hello, thanks for all the detailed info, and sorry to hear that you encountered a disconnect issue with the 3rd Deco M4R node. What is the MAC address of the 3rd node which is dropping?

Are both two satellite nodes connected to the main Deco via Wi-Fi? What if you relocate the 3rd node and put it at the location of the 2nd, will it also drop? Try to power off the 2nd node and only leave the main and the 3rd, what will happen?

Options
2020-09-29 10:30:26

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hello again, 

regarding the MAC address, I can't give it right now because I have packed the Deco and shipped it as a return for replacement (seems faulty).

I tried everything you mentioned below. All Decos are connected to the main Deco via WiFi. I tried removing the perfectly working satellite Deco and leaving only the faulty one, and it still had connectivity issues with the main Deco. I also moved it to the location of the working satellite, and moved the working satellite to the faulty Deco's position, the perfectly working one still worked perfectly, so it doesn't seem like a distance issue. The faulty one was still behaving in a faulty way in the other position.

I reached a dead end that's why I posted here, but since I needed it working, I begun procedures for return on Monday. I will report back when I get the replacement to see if I have the same issues.

It was really weird for me that even right next of the main Deco, it still showed connectivity issues... It doesn't have to do anything with distance, probably some kind of weird sync.

Hopefully you can figure out something from the logs, or I'll return with new logs if the replacement behaves the same way.

Options
2020-09-29 10:55:31

@thanasis00 

Hi, thanks very much for all the detailed info. Please wait and monitor the replacement unit, let the community know if there is any update.

Good days.

Options
2020-10-10 18:20:29

Hello again,

I received the replacement Deco M4 3 days ago, and I can say that it works perfectly, no disconnects, great speed. I suppose it was a faulty device,since everything now is resolved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1486

Replies: 4

Related Articles