Security settings issue - DoS-ing from my own devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-28 14:39:33 - last edited 2020-09-28 15:49:16
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20200721 rel.40773

Hello,

Recently I have updated my router's firmware :

TP-Link Archer A7 Router Wireless Dual Band Gigabit AC1750 - EU Device / H-Ver: 5.x

and I also security settings activated (see pic)

The issue I'm having is that from the logs, seems that my own devices are DoS-ing (i have no idea why)

2020-09-28 15:40:42 dos-protection[5352]: <4> 249044 udp flood attack!

As you can see, I recently checked the ignore and forbid packets from WAN and LAN, the thing that I have discovered is that the router blacklists my own devices from some reason (wifi devices + PC).

I have to manually remove my own devices (IP+MAC Address) from the 'Blocked DoS Host List' or otherwise I have no internet.

Does someone have any idea why is this happening?

Before posting here, I did factory reset settings, re-configured the whole router again back from scratch, but I'm still having this issue since this firmware update.

Thank you!

Edit 1: I forgot to mention that I have added my devices to the Address Reservation from DHCP Server - just for any no-logic-IT-is-happening

Options
1 Reply
Re:Security settings issue - DoS-ing from my own devices
2020-09-29 06:55:30

@tudorf40 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Generally, when the DoS protection is enabled on the A7, it will monitor the traffics in the network and block those that are abnormal to protect your network security. Do you remember what kind of services or applications this blocked device was doing in your network?

Try to change the filtering level to medium or low to give it a go.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3671

Replies: 1

Related Articles