Port Forwarding: INTERNAL port not selectable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-05 20:01:16
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm trying several TP-LINK modems (this is the 3rd one) but I don't seem to have luck with port forwarding.

Unlike other DSL modems, even older ones, on these TP-LINK I can not set the INTERNAL port for my forwarding (eg: i need external port 2280 being forwarded to internal port 81 of 192.168.x.x but this modems don't let me). I can only set EXTERNAL ports, and the modem does straight forwarding to the same internal ports.

Is there ANY tp-link DSL modem that you know of, where I can do a complete forwarding to different internal ports, too?

Second question:

I have an old TP-LINK 3G modem, and I could correctly make it reachable from the WAN and setting a port to reach it (eg: if I want to manage my router from the WAN I just use DDNS, and reach my router on a specific port).

I don't see this function on this new DSL modem. Do you know any DSL modem that allows WAN management?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding: INTERNAL port not selectable
2020-10-12 10:37:54

@cmarino3 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Later I check with the senior engineers to test if there is any model available;

By the way, can I have some screen-shots that you could not use different external and internal ports since I could only see that it asked for start port and end port?

As soon as I got any updated news, I could come back as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-10-12 15:36:49

@Sunshine 

this is the screenshot. I'm sure the engineers are well aware of this, since I found a million threads about this specific problem in these budget routers.

Please check if there is an updated firmware that allows a correct port forwarding.

Thanks

Options
2020-10-14 13:06:54

@Sunshine any news? before I return the modem to the seller? Is there anything (eg: appropriate firmware) I can use?

Thanks

Options
2020-10-22 08:43:08

@cmarino3 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wish to access the TD-W8961N from WAN, please refer to the following settings:

As for the internal and external port, TD-W8961N does not support  different ports and they are the same by default;

Thank you very much for your understanding and have a nice day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 4