Port Forwarding: INTERNAL port not selectable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-05 20:01:16
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm trying several TP-LINK modems (this is the 3rd one) but I don't seem to have luck with port forwarding.

Unlike other DSL modems, even older ones, on these TP-LINK I can not set the INTERNAL port for my forwarding (eg: i need external port 2280 being forwarded to internal port 81 of 192.168.x.x but this modems don't let me). I can only set EXTERNAL ports, and the modem does straight forwarding to the same internal ports.

Is there ANY tp-link DSL modem that you know of, where I can do a complete forwarding to different internal ports, too?

Second question:

I have an old TP-LINK 3G modem, and I could correctly make it reachable from the WAN and setting a port to reach it (eg: if I want to manage my router from the WAN I just use DDNS, and reach my router on a specific port).

I don't see this function on this new DSL modem. Do you know any DSL modem that allows WAN management?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding: INTERNAL port not selectable
2020-10-12 10:37:54

@cmarino3 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Later I check with the senior engineers to test if there is any model available;

By the way, can I have some screen-shots that you could not use different external and internal ports since I could only see that it asked for start port and end port?

As soon as I got any updated news, I could come back as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-12 15:36:49

@Sunshine 

this is the screenshot. I'm sure the engineers are well aware of this, since I found a million threads about this specific problem in these budget routers.

Please check if there is an updated firmware that allows a correct port forwarding.

Thanks

Options
2020-10-14 13:06:54

@Sunshine any news? before I return the modem to the seller? Is there anything (eg: appropriate firmware) I can use?

Thanks

Options
2020-10-22 08:43:08

@cmarino3 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wish to access the TD-W8961N from WAN, please refer to the following settings:

As for the internal and external port, TD-W8961N does not support  different ports and they are the same by default;

Thank you very much for your understanding and have a nice day.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 4

Related Articles