Extender not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extender not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extender not working
Extender not working
2020-10-07 05:08:36 - last edited 2020-10-07 05:09:42

Guys, I need help, I've been using my Tplink extender TL-WA855RE for about 10 months, everything was just fine until about 2 days ago, the signal red light started blinking (it hasn't been moved or anything from it where it had been working perfectly) 

the power blue light its ON

the signal light blinks Blue then shuts off and blinks red and it keeps on happening 

I tried resetting it and it doesn't respond, it won't let me reset, turn off, show me a WiFi signal, I basically can't do anything.

anybody got an answer for this? Solution? Experience? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Extender not working
2020-10-08 09:11:48

@Caqs 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know where are you located?

Have you done some firmware update recently?

And when you reset the 855RE by holding the reset pinhole/ button for 10s, would you see all the lights turn on then off, then only power and wireless left?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-10-03 15:16:01 - last edited 2021-10-03 15:17:27

@Solla-topee Hi.

I got the same issue.

I use tlwa855rev5. When the device is touched by others via "wan" (wlan host) or the wlan that device creates to bridge, through ssh-nmap scanning and/or other ways I cant debug, signal blue led goes off and suddenly red light appears. The device freezes at this moment.

There's no solution.

Many years after, tp-link still creating unsecured and so dangerous devices.

Stop selling tl-wa855re or start creating an updated firmware to solve ALL the backdoors you left when creating this sh!t.

Options
2021-10-20 03:06:35

Hey@H301010  thank you for your feedback, can you create a new thread from here so we look into the issue further with details, thank you 

Can you help explain  ' When the device is touched by others via "wan" (wlan host) or the wlan that device creates to bridge, ' 

May I know when did you buy this extender and how long it has been working with the WiFi router? 

Options
2021-10-20 04:24:59 - last edited 2021-10-20 04:25:44

@Solla-topee 

A simple ssh attemp can freeze the device.

When a client of wlan host or the wlan bridged run nmap, device freezes.

When a wlan hosted network is "isolated mode on", device freezes.

Bought 3 mounths ago, v5, updated, same problems on any router.

I've thrown it far far away.

It's garbage.

Don't buy tp-link bridges, never!

Bye 

Options
2021-10-20 08:02:39 - last edited 2021-10-20 08:05:04

Hey @H301010 ,thank you for your explanation. As far as I know the range extender can't connect through ssh.  I will pass along your feedback to appropriate team for further evaluation. We appreciate your suggestion.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 877

Replies: 5

Related Articles