Archer D5 V1 - Error code: 9003 - Illegal value!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-07 19:11:53 - last edited 2020-10-21 02:19:01
Model: Archer D7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.7 v002e.0 Build 141222 Rel.36478n

Dear All,

I have start suddenly to face a problem with my Archer D5 V1 router.

Every time that I connect to the administration page -> Status I got the error message Error code: 9003 - Illegal value!

I have the same error message in different windows of the configuration.

I went to the admin page because the internet connection was not working properly after a power off from the HW switch.

I have tryed the following to let it work again:

- Use a diffrent browser, non change with 3 different browser.

- Reset to factory several time, from administration web page and also from HW button.

- Tryed to upgrade the FW (with Archer_D5v1_0.9.1_0.8_up_boot(150526)_2015-05-26_17.37.31.bin) but it is unable to terminate the upgrade, it stop after the firmware upload and after "After the upgrade, please wait for the device to reboot... " messages with error " Error code: 9003 - Illegal value!" or "Error code: 1 - Internal Error!"

It seems like some where there is some value that is illegal and there is no way to adjust.

Do you have any advice on how to fix it ?

Attached you can find my actual configuration after several factory reset and some feature disable.

Thank you in advance.

File:
conf.binDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer D5 V1 - Error code: 9003 - Illegal value!
2020-10-22 09:51:24

@Checco178 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know where are you located and how long have you had the device?

Since we had this feedback before, after tested, it is more likely a hardware issue and the modem needs to be replaced.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-22 21:03:09

@Sunshine 

Sunshine, thank you for your reply, I'm in Italy and to be honest I don't know exactly how old are the router.

i had some problem in my house with internet connection and my provider said that it was due to my router (other vendor), so I get router from my mother's home (archer d5 of this post) that was working.

I connect the archer d5 to my house internet connection for 2-3 days in order to verify that everything was working, then I went back to my mother's house and plug back the archer d5 router and it was no more working.

my house router is functioning perfect, the fault was something on the provider edge that give me instability of internet connection.

So at the end if I understand correctly the only way is to buy a new router, is that correct ? 
there is a way to reinstall from scratch all sw or a sort of diagnostic to bu sure that is faulty?

Options
2020-10-28 10:18:11

@Checco178 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Factory reset is the only way to install from the scratch now;

And if you do not mind, you could also try to re-flash the current firmware to have a look;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1772

Replies: 3

Related Articles