General question regarding Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-08 05:43:37
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hello Everyone,

Hello TP-Link Support,

I have a simple question regarding Archer C6 v2 (EU) - Is the router faulty by default? Will the WiFi drop issue ever be fixed once and for all?

This forum is the right place for TP-Link to announce whether this product - the Archer C6 is defective out-of-the box? If so, please, let us know!

If not defective from a hardware point of vew, what takes you so long to deploy a working and STABLE firmware?!

I can easily return all bought C6s as they are covered by a warranty, of course.

Just need to know the company's opinion. Kevin?

Options
4 Reply
Re:General question regarding Archer C6
2020-10-13 07:29:35

@Kevin_Z

Is there a reply to my question out there?

Options
2020-10-13 10:55:40

@Joro_B 

Hello, sorry that it takes long to locate the 2.4GHz disconnection issue on the Archer C6. For your specific issue, can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?

1. Only the 2.4GHz wireless is unstable, 5GHz and wired connections are working just fine?

2. How many devices are connected to the 2.4GHz network? Are all wireless devices connected to the 2.4GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? When they got disconnected, is the wireless network of the Archer C6 still broadcasting or the wireless network is no longer available on all other devices as well?

3. If only the 2.4GHz wireless is not stable, try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

4. How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the C6 or just wait and it will reconnect automatically?

5. It seems you have 2 C6 routers, may I know how are they connected to the network? Please provide the detailed network layout, which may also help a lot when locating the issue.

Thanks. 

Options
2020-10-13 11:03:17

@Kevin_Z 

It's the same as this topic here.

My question was: Is this a firmware related problem OR it's a general problem with that router model - Archer C6?

If it's a firmware related, when this will be fixed? When a new firmware will be released?

Options
2020-10-14 07:23:16

@Joro_B 

Hello,

The issue may need to escalate to our engineers and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 4