AC750/RE220 stops working day after its plugged in. Unplug and plug again starts working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC750/RE220 stops working day after its plugged in. Unplug and plug again starts working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-09 20:43:12
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190924

Hi

Recently bought the AC750/RE220 Mesh WI-Fi Range Extender. At first I followed the instructions recommended set up process with the tether app. Everything went smooth I was able to connect to the internet, move the extender to a favorable location and connect all devices. It work well and then the next day I could see the extender WiFi but culdnt connect. Devices showed connecting then stopped the attemp with no error message. I tried to connect through the app but it wasnt found. I proceeded to unplugged the device and plug it again and it started working again. I also could find through the app. The next day I encounter the same problem. I decided to reset the device but had no luck. It was non responsive. I unplugged the extender and plug it again. I retried the reset and it worked this time. I also did a reset on my modem and paired the devices through the WPS option this time. The story was the same, the day after it stopped working reset didnt work. Only unplugging does the trick. I tried a third option after reset and I did the setup through the web page. Set up was succesfull and everything works fine. Next day problem begins again.

My devices are:

- Work laptop.Dell windows 10 

- Personal laptop. Surface Pro 7 windows 10

- Galaxy S10 android 10

-Galaxy S10 plus android 10

All device show the same networks and the same process of trying to connect to extender but unavaible unless unpluggin the device. Then they stay connected until we arrive home the following afternoon.

I also tried diferent spots through the house with the same results.

It appears as if the device becomes unresponsive after some time. Not even accepts a reset unless you unplugg it.

Help please! I dont want to retur it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC750/RE220 stops working day after its plugged in. Unplug and plug again starts working.
2020-10-10 01:38:59

@Makarius 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know the model number of your home router?

How long have you had the extender and where are you located?

When the extender became unresponsive, did the 2.4ghz and 5ghz still lit up?

If possible, could you please try to reset it again and set up via Tether APP or web interface, not by WPS button;

(giving the RE220 a different Wi-Fi name would be highly appreciated.)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:AC750/RE220 stops working day after its plugged in. Unplug and plug again starts working.
2020-10-13 02:30:17

@Solla-topee Hi, thanks for the response. 

I've had the extender since October 1st.

I'm located in Puerto Rico. 

The 2.4 still lit up. The 5 light never lit up, before or after it became unresponsive. 

Today I reset it again, set it up through the Tether APP and changed the RE220 WI-FI name. 

Options
2020-10-14 01:55:14

@Makarius 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Please feel free to update it here with further news.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1538

Replies: 3

Related Articles