Request to Clarify Status of Multiple Issues and Request Related to Deco Series

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-10 11:48:43 - last edited 2021-05-21 11:16:51

Dear TP Link

There have been numerous issues and request that have been requested at the community for which no clarity has been given, I am listing a few of those issue I would request you to give clear answers wether these requests and issues have been accepted by the product development team in Yes or No and if yes then give us broad time range in which we can expect the accepted requests. I request the community members to add, if I forget something

1. Manual Channel Selection For 2.4 and 5Ghz Network:- I understand you are working on a network optimizations feature for this, but will this network optimizations work only for 2.4 Ghz or will it work for 5 Ghz as well. And can we ever expect manual selection to be available in Deco

2. Will any of the Decos that did not launch with WPA3 like Deco M9, M5 will be updated to WPA 3 ? If yes please provide which models will be updated

3. Option to Disable SMART DHCP in AP Mode.

4. Option to Select Source Signal for Decos

5. Individual Device Bandwidth Management, so that we can limit bandwidth for specific devices.

6. USB Port Function Enablement for Deco M9

7. FragAttack Vulnerbililty Fix For Deco M5 & Deco M9  (updated on 21/05/2021)

8. Estimated Release Date of Firmware 1.6.0 For Deco M5 and Deco M9 ? Please quantitfy it like (Q2 2021 or Q3 2021) saying soon is not enough for us. (updated on 21/05/21)

I request you to please forward this to product development team and give us to the point answers to which features we can expect in near future and what is there broad time frame. 

I hope I recieve a proper reply.

Regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Request to Clarify Status of Multiple Issues and Request Related to Deco Series-Solution
2020-10-26 11:37:41 - last edited 2021-05-14 03:48:31

Hello @jthcomputers, thanks for summarizing the features need to be improved or added on the Deco devices.

1. Manual Channel Selection For 2.4 and 5Ghz Network:- I understand you are working on a network optimizations feature for this, but will this network optimizations work only for 2.4 Ghz or will it work for 5 Ghz as well. And can we ever expect manual selection to be available in Deco

TP-Link: There is no plan to allow manually selecting the wireless channel on 2.4ghz and 5ghz yet.

2. Will any of the Decos that did not launch with WPA3 like Deco M9, M5 will be updated to WPA 3 ? If yes please provide which models will be updated

TP-Link: As for the WPA3 compatibility, we cannot give you a list which model will support it as plan may change anytime, you need to keep an eye on the official website for the updates: https://www.tp-link.com/wpa3/compatibility/

TP-Link:  A DHCP on/off switch(only under access point mode) will be added on 1.6.0 version as per the Deco firmware release timeline, but we don't have an ETA either, so we hope you could wait and keep an eye on your Deco app.

TP-Link:  Will be added on the firmware 1.6.0 as well;

5. Individual Device Bandwidth Management, so that we can limit bandwidth for specific devices.

TP-Link: Accepted but no EAT yet.

TP-Link: No plan yet.

Recommended Solution
Options
22 Reply
Re:Request to Clarify Status of Multiple Issues and Request Related to Deco Series
2020-10-13 16:59:04

@TP-Link_Deco  Please reply, I think we deserve basic clarity when we have invested in a product from TP-Link, so that we can decide that should we wait or move on to different products which may fulfill our requirements better.

Options
Re:Request to Clarify Status of Multiple Issues and Request Related to Deco Series-Solution
2020-10-26 11:37:41 - last edited 2021-05-14 03:48:31

Hello @jthcomputers, thanks for summarizing the features need to be improved or added on the Deco devices.

TP-Link: There is no plan to allow manually selecting the wireless channel on 2.4ghz and 5ghz yet.

TP-Link: As for the WPA3 compatibility, we cannot give you a list which model will support it as plan may change anytime, you need to keep an eye on the official website for the updates: https://www.tp-link.com/wpa3/compatibility/

TP-Link:  A DHCP on/off switch(only under access point mode) will be added on 1.6.0 version as per the Deco firmware release timeline, but we don't have an ETA either, so we hope you could wait and keep an eye on your Deco app.

TP-Link:  Will be added on the firmware 1.6.0 as well;

TP-Link: Accepted but no EAT yet.

TP-Link: No plan yet.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Request to Clarify Status of Multiple Issues and Request Related to Deco Series
2020-10-26 12:01:32

@TP-Link_Deco Thanks for the reply, it will be really great if you can update the ETA for these features in the near future. As for beta version of 1.5.0, if the same is available for M9 also, then I will definitely like to try it.

Options
2020-10-26 12:09:02

@jthcomputers 

Sure, we will update it once we got a move-on with those features. Thanks for your understanding.

Options
2020-10-26 13:58:13

@TP-Link_Deco 

Do you have network optimization beta firmware for Deco M4?

Options
2020-10-27 02:24:59

@jacktiew 

Hi, not yet, we currently only have the beta for Deco M5, it is suggested to wait patiently for the other models, thank you.

Options
2020-11-06 08:05:49

@TP-Link_Deco 

Please update ETA for 1.5 firmware as you have been testing the beta since sept 20, so I think now you should be able to give us an approximate ETA.

Options
2020-11-10 17:32:59

@TP-Link_Deco 

Please update ETA for 1.5 firmware as you have been testing the beta since sept 20, so I think now you should be able to give us an approximate ETA.

@TP-Link_Deco  Please reply to my query

Options
2020-11-12 02:01:57 - last edited 2020-11-12 02:04:53

@jthcomputers 

Hello, we have released the 1.5.1 version for the Deco M5 already, did you fail to detect it via the Deco app?

While if your Deco is not M5, you may need to wait for the new firmware for another weeks, please be aware that Deco firmware release will be on a rolling basis, sorry about that.

Options
2020-11-12 14:40:42

@TP-Link_Deco 

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@jthcomputers 

Hello, we have released the 1.5.1 version for the Deco M5 already, did you fail to detect it via the Deco app?

While if your Deco is not M5, you may need to wait for the new firmware for another weeks, please be aware that Deco firmware release will be on a rolling basis, sorry about that.

"we will add the network optimization feature on the Deco devices"

Now that 1.5.1 version of firmware is out for M5, can you provide more detail about that network optimization feature? 

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 4866

Replies: 22

Related Articles