Can I use two sets of deco M4 as satellites?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-11 19:28:00 - last edited 2020-10-16 09:40:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I just bought two sets of deco M4 (Triple Pack), total I got 6 units,are they all the same/identical ? 

If so, I can use one to connect to my router, the rest 5 units as satellites, right? 

there are two RJ45 ports on the unit, are those two RJ45 the same, I can use any of them for router? and any of them to the powerline adapters?

Also, if my router not support bridge mode, what mode shall I use Deco as? and does this mode affect the Wifi performance? I will disable my ISP router wifi to avoid disturbing the deco.

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I use two sets of deco M4 as satellites?-Solution
2020-10-16 09:40:19 - last edited 2020-10-16 09:40:25

@wwwifffi 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Yes, you can add all the 6 Deco nodes into the same mesh network and they can work and connect to each other without an issue. Below is the setup video for your reference:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/setup-video/

There is no difference for those Ethernet cables provided in the package box, you can use any of them to connect the Deco to the modem or to the client devices.

If your router doesn't support bridge mode, you can still try to configure the Deco as a router, which gives you more functionality. Or you can try to configure the main Deco as an Access Point to avoid double NAT in the network.

Yes, it is suggested to disable the wireless on your existing modem to avoid interference with the Deco networks.

Hope this answers your concerns, good days~

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use two sets of deco M4 as satellites?-Solution
2020-10-16 09:40:19 - last edited 2020-10-16 09:40:25

@wwwifffi 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Yes, you can add all the 6 Deco nodes into the same mesh network and they can work and connect to each other without an issue. Below is the setup video for your reference:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/setup-video/

There is no difference for those Ethernet cables provided in the package box, you can use any of them to connect the Deco to the modem or to the client devices.

If your router doesn't support bridge mode, you can still try to configure the Deco as a router, which gives you more functionality. Or you can try to configure the main Deco as an Access Point to avoid double NAT in the network.

Yes, it is suggested to disable the wireless on your existing modem to avoid interference with the Deco networks.

Hope this answers your concerns, good days~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 1