Discontinued Extender and Other Mesh questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-12 00:42:49
Model: RE360  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I recently purchased the Archer C8 and the TP-Link RE360 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender as a kit. I found out that the RE360 was just discontinued so I can't buy a second one. I want to have a 'mesh' system so these all act as one network and I don't have to log into the router and the extenders separately. And I'm in a house with very thick walls so I need a LOT of help and need 2 extenders. Should I purchase the RE450 additionally for a one network solution that's very strong for my whole house? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Discontinued Extender and Other Mesh questions
2020-10-14 02:42:07

@ColorLuminance 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

If the house has very thick walls, and all under the same electric meter, actually, power-line adapters are much more recommended;

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/powerline/

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-20 22:55:53

@Solla-topee Unfortunately there's also very few outlets in this house. Everything is on power strips. 

Options
2020-10-23 15:00:03

@Solla-topee Just bumping this up. Wondering if the extenders work like a mesh system, and if I buy 2 different kinds of extenders, as one of them has been discontinued.

Options
2020-10-26 07:10:40

@ColorLuminance 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

For the OneMesh feature, it required both router and extenders need to be one mesh compatible.

Since your main router is Archer C8 which did not support OneMesh, so it does not help if you had two different OneMesh compatible extenders;

And if you do not mind, maybe you could consider our home mesh system, like Deco:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/deco/

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 661

Replies: 4