TL- WR845N orange light while connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-12 17:38:59
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: v1

I have connected my router to my BSNL modem by ethernet cable and then my laptop to the router. I have an internet connection with my PC through the router but the problem is that instead of green light it is showing orange light when I have a proper internet connection.

Please help to make it to green

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL- WR845N orange light while connected
2020-10-13 11:05:45

@Abhinay 

Hello, can you please help confirm some details then we will try to work it out?

1. How is the WR845N connected to the BSNL modem, is WR845N's WAN port connected to the modem's LAN port? What is its working mode? Please login to the web interface of the WR845N, then take a screenshot of the Advanced-Status page, ensure there is a correct WAN IP address.

2. If it is a standard router mode, try to change the WAN DNS server on the WR845N to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot both the modem and the WR845N to confirm again if the internet LED will become green.

3. If this doesn't help, please connect your computer directly to the BSNL modem, confirm what is the IP address, gateway, as well as the DNS server you get on the computer, ensure the internet is working fine.

Thanks a lot~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 1