Re200 won't connect auto

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Re200 won't connect auto

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Re200 won't connect auto
Re200 won't connect auto
2020-10-15 23:13:44
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: No idea

Hi, i used to have a older tplink range extender which i used to convert my phone hotspot into a mobile wired internet access point. Worked great, just plug it in and it worked. Got damaged, so i bought a new re200. Set it up it works, all fine?  No. It never connects automatically to the hotspot I've programmed into it. I always have to connect a computer to it, log in, search (hotspot is always showing there, tell it to connect and then I'm ok for that time. 

Why won't this just connect to the.last one I used it on?  I can't find anywhere it say always connect to this signal, i never had to do this with the old one. Tried updating firmware, said it was successful, didn't change anything, still wasting time. 

Help me out here?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Re200 won't connect auto
2020-10-19 03:53:54

@GeraldWaterous 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did you use 2.4ghz or 5ghz of the mobile hotspot?

When the RE200 lost the connection with the mobile hotspot, would the 2.4ghz /5ghz still lit up?

Could you please help me check the IP address and gateway when the connection lost?

And would a single reboot/restart of the RE200 be able to recover the connection with the mobile hotspot?

Can I have a picture of the settings>system tools>firmware update page?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 239

Replies: 1

Related Articles