M5 deco systems randomly reboots multiple times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-16 08:54:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.9

My fairly new M5 setup is running quite smooth in my house with 1 M5 acting as the main deco, connected with enthernet cable to the router, and the other 2 M5s connected as satellites to the main deco through wifi.

However, at random moments, all decos spontaneously reboot, taking down the internet for about 2-3 minutes. This happens 2-3 times per workday, seriously hindering working from home due to being disconnected in meetings and such.

I cannot find the reason for this spontaneous reboot, but it is very annoying. I have updated the decos to the latest firmware.

Would anybody know how to identify the cause and resolve this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:M5 deco systems randomly reboots multiple times a day
2020-12-27 21:58:33

@bartdej 

same thing happening at my place. Also interested in a solution.

Options
Re:M5 deco systems randomly reboots multiple times a day
2020-12-28 08:58:38

@Jeroen1972 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did you also have Deco M5 and how about the hardware and firmware issue about the Deco?

2.Did all the Deco have the same issue, or just one of them?

3. Would you please draw a detailed map about the network topology from the ISP modem to router--it would be highly appreciated that if you could list the clients which are connected to the Deco;

4.How long have you had the Deco and when did this issue start?

5.If possible, could you please send me a video clip of the rebooting process?

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1406

Replies: 2