AX10 Connection & Download Speed Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-16 14:33:52 - last edited 2020-11-11 02:50:43
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200827 Rel. 40928(5553)

When I first installed the tp-link router I was getting the max download speeed which is around 25-27mbps now suddenly im only getting 8mbps when connected to the router. I am only getting max download speeds only when I am connected to the main modem via lan.

I already tried changing the modem to bridged mode but no improvements I am still getting 8mbps downspeed when connected to the tp-link router.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX10 Connection & Download Speed Problem-Solution
2020-11-11 02:46:46 - last edited 2020-11-11 02:50:43

@Lvmbda 

Hello, sorry for the late response.

For the slow speed issue you encountered with the Archer AX1500, please help verify some details, and we will try to fix it together:
1. May I know who is your ISP? What is the actual download speed provided by your ISP? When you connect a computer directly to the modem, what is the download speed? How about you connect the same computer to the AX1500 with the Ethernet cable?
2. Does the speed slow down after you upgrade the router firmware? Or this issue just happen without any change in the network?

3. Do you enable any QoS setting on the AX1500? Kindly show me the QoS setting page, ensure the QoS settings on the router is on Standard mode, and no high priority devices, if the speed on the page doesn't display correctly, change it to Set Manually and type in the correct bandwidth provided by your ISP. Or simply reset the AX1500 and reconfigure it from scratch, leave all settings by default and test the speed again.
4. What kind of devices are connected to the 2.4GHz wireless and what is connected to the 5GHz? How about the link speed on them? If it is a computer, you may check it like below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another computer with a more powerful wireless adapter. BTW, tell us the model number of that wireless adapter that runs on your computer.

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:AX10 Connection & Download Speed Problem-Solution
2020-11-11 02:46:46 - last edited 2020-11-11 02:50:43

@Lvmbda 

Hello, sorry for the late response.

For the slow speed issue you encountered with the Archer AX1500, please help verify some details, and we will try to fix it together:
1. May I know who is your ISP? What is the actual download speed provided by your ISP? When you connect a computer directly to the modem, what is the download speed? How about you connect the same computer to the AX1500 with the Ethernet cable?
2. Does the speed slow down after you upgrade the router firmware? Or this issue just happen without any change in the network?

3. Do you enable any QoS setting on the AX1500? Kindly show me the QoS setting page, ensure the QoS settings on the router is on Standard mode, and no high priority devices, if the speed on the page doesn't display correctly, change it to Set Manually and type in the correct bandwidth provided by your ISP. Or simply reset the AX1500 and reconfigure it from scratch, leave all settings by default and test the speed again.
4. What kind of devices are connected to the 2.4GHz wireless and what is connected to the 5GHz? How about the link speed on them? If it is a computer, you may check it like below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another computer with a more powerful wireless adapter. BTW, tell us the model number of that wireless adapter that runs on your computer.

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 934

Replies: 1

Related Articles