CAN I HAVE 2x TL-WA850RE IN THE HOME

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-16 19:30:26
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hello All

Hope you can help me

My Sky broadband gets weak when trying to extend to the kitchen and the furthest bedroom in the home (Kitchen is one end and bedroom is the other, just think of a baseball pitch where the router is where the batter is and kitchen is beyond 3rd base and bedroom beyond 1st base, that kinda layout) so I decided to by 2x tl-wa850re's from Argos hoping I can link 2 of these to my Sky Q Hub to extend the range to both of these areas (I'm aware the two extenders cannot link togther and widen the range)

I managed to link both up to my router, all their lights appear but only 1 shows up on the wifi when standing in the middle to see if both are ok.  Look at the sky's hub settings and see 2 extenders attached to the network.  Go back to the wifi on the laptop and only see the original router name and one extender

Is there a way to change their names so both appear as mentioned before, all I see is my network name with SKY1234ABC & the extender SKY1234ABC_EXT but don't see 2 extenders attached to it.  Surely I should see 2 of these appear when selecting on the Wifi.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:CAN I HAVE 2x TL-WA850RE IN THE HOME
2020-10-19 03:29:30

@jellys28 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Please refer to the following suggestion to change the name of the 2 extenders:

1.Via web interface:

Connect the laptop via Ethernet cable to the 2nd 850re and log in via http://tplinkrepeater.net

Then go to settings>wireless>extended network> change the extended SSID;

2.Via tether APP:

You could see two 850Res on the APP when you are connected to the SKY1234ABC_EXT, then please choose the 2nd 850RE;

And refer to the following picture to change the SSID:

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 1

Related Articles