I keep getting disconnected from my extender.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-17 16:14:04 - last edited 2020-10-17 16:39:10
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 190521 (Latest)

Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue that is driving me a bit crazy. So, I have a WIFI Extender that extends the WIFI from my router.
There's one problem, I keep getting disconnected very often.

I've tried a lot of things to troubleshoot this problem. I'm getting a lot of event warnings on Windows about my DNS and DHCP-client.
The problem isn't my computer. My WIFI-extender's SSID is different from my router and I use 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Everytime my internet disconnects, I check ipconfig to see if something changed.
Whenever it disconnects, I see that my Ipv6 is gone and only a local Ipv6 is assigned.

I also get a Tcpip error saying the network address is: 00-00-00-00-00-00 (Error ID: 4199)

When I fully reboot my WIFI-extender, it gives back an Ipv6 but then when I reconnect to when the IP is getting leased, it's gone again...

Any idea's?

And yes, the range between the router and the extender is fine and the LED's are normal.

Options
4 Reply
Re:I keep getting disconnected from my extender.
2020-10-19 03:13:20

@KnuffelBeestje 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know the model number of your home router

Where are you located and who is your internet service provider?

Did the home router use IPV6 address, or IPV6 & ipv4?

Did both the wireless connection and Ethernet connection drop the internet service?

Thanks a lot.

Waiting for your reply.

Options
2020-10-28 16:08:37 - last edited 2020-10-30 14:35:07

@Solla-topee

Belgium, internetprovider: Telenet

Home router fully uses IPv6 & IPv4. I only use wireless, no Ethernet is used.

Just found something useful:

When the disconnect occours, the IPv6 is gone in my ipconfig. Only a linked-local IPv6 remains. When this happens, my computer keeps disconnecting trying to get an IPv6. This is very annoying. It seems to be an issue on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Maybe it's a driver issue? I tried reinstalling windows completely and this didn't work. Updating the drivers also didn't resolve the issue.

ipconfig: 

Event Logs: 

Excuse me for the late response.

Options
2020-10-30 15:05:30 - last edited 2020-10-31 08:36:15

Also good the know is the following: Whenever I get a working IPv6: tplinkrepeater.net says I'm not connected to a repeater. And when my IPv6 stops working, it brings me to the control panel. Maybe this bit of information is helpful.

Restarting my repeater fixed it until I restart the device that needs the IPv6. Really strange, seems like it only happens on Windows machines. I have a PC and a laptop and they all experience the same issue. Maybe a frimware issue on the repeater? (Uses the latest version)

Options
2020-11-02 06:09:50

@KnuffelBeestje 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

We would like to follow up your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 897

Replies: 4

Related Articles