After reboot, no IP assignment to the clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-20 17:10:57
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200921 Rel. 42500

@TP-Link_Deco  , allways after reboot my Deco Main Router the clients don't get the IP Address from DHCP Server.

The client configured with Static IP works fine.

My solution to this is change the DHCP Start IP value, save, than return the old Start IP value and save again. After this, some times the DHCP Server returns to work.

For information:
I have 3 Deco M9 Plus confugured and use DHCP Server and Address Reservation.
Thanks,

Options
4 Reply
Re:After reboot, no IP assignment to the clients
2020-10-21 07:49:43

@Ricardo_Sa 

Hello, thanks for reporting. Can you please help confirm the below details and we will try to figure it out:

1. What is the detailed network topology/layout? How are the 3 M9s connected to each other?

2. Are all devices in the Deco network will fail to get an IP address or some specific devices fail to do so? Do they still show connected to the Deco network or they just quit? What is the IP info on the devices? May I know the DHCP start IP value and its subnet mask? How many clients are connected to the network? What if you leave the DHCP start IP value after changing to the new and don't revert it back? If possible, please send us the system log and we will try to analyze further, you may login to the web interface of the Deco M9 via http://tplinkdeco.net, then go to System Log.

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-10-22 03:25:49

@TP-Link_Deco 

1 - 3 Deco M9 Plus connected with Mesh and Wireless. The internet is connected to a RJ45 port of the Main Deco from a GPON.

2.1 - Almost all of than, fail to connect, but some (like 5 of 35 devices) connects without problems. Exemple of device that always connected is my cellphone (Nokia 9 Pure View). Exemple of device that don't get IP is my wife and daughter cellphone (iPhone)

2.2 - They show connected to the wireless netqork on the device, but without IP Address. In the Deco app the show as disconnected.

2.3 - Some device get his on IP address like 169.x.x.x (Windows devices) other show an IP 6 address

My Main Deco IP address is

Subnet-mask: 255.255.255.128

Dhcp server

Start: 10.0.0.11

End: 10.0.0.119

2.5 - I have 35 clients

2.6 - Only change the DHCP value and not back to the previous value is enough the dhcp back to work

2.7 - I will try to send you the syatem log

Thanks

Options
2020-10-22 03:55:13

@TP-Link_Deco , how do I attach a txt file?

Options
2020-10-22 08:30:37

@Ricardo_Sa 

Hi, thanks a lot for all the details. As for your question about attaching the log file, you may click on this button on the dialog box:

BTW, our engineer would like to contact you, so we will escalate this case to them via email, please check your email and respond, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 4