Can't display amazon web pages and Alexa offline.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-20 20:53:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hi

Here is a strange one......my Alexas went offline - so I went to Amazon app on my phone whilst connected to Decos with wifi to try and see what was wrong - couldn't open app - switched to mobile data and all was fine - displated app fine - no problems.

Went to Amazon.co.uk using chrome and edge and firefox on my pc's and wont display at all - comes back with "site can't be reached" - go to my phone again on mobile data and amazon app displays fine.............switch to wifi on phone and nothing.

I factory reset the DECO's and added them back one by one and all was good ........................for 2 hours then Alexas offline again - and amazon.co.uk wont display..........the ONLY way to get it to work is by tor browser.

It's very strange indeed - anybody have any ideas ?

Dave

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't display amazon web pages and Alexa offline.
2020-10-21 07:14:01

@whiteswan 

Hello, thanks for asking.

When the Alexa showed offline on the app and you were not able to access amazon.co.uk, can you please confirm are all the LEDs on the Deco M5s solid green? Can you access other websites?

Is the Deco working as a router or access point? If it is working as a router, please try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the Deco system to confirm.

Nice days.

Options
2020-10-21 08:33:55

@whiteswan 

Hi - Deco is a router mode - every other website is fine - changed dns - works for a few hours then fails again - it's really strange.

Last night my Nest Thermostat disconnected from the DECO's and I had to re-connect this morning.

I updated to latest firmware on Monday and had this ever since...................however I downgraded the firmware and it still happens - it's really strange.

Overnight whilst I was asleep and no changes made at all the Amazon alexas etc started working again and I can currently view Amazon websites !

Dave

Options
2020-10-21 10:43:21

@whiteswan 

Hi, thanks for the update. Can you confirm what is the LED status on Deco M5 when Alexa or Nest Thermostat disconnected from the network? Are they disconnected at the same time? How often does this issue happen?

You may monitor the connectivity first and see if this is a line fluctuation. If this happens again, please connect your computer to the modem directly and confirm if you can access amazon.co.uk. BTW, who is your ISP, please?

Nice day~

Options
2020-10-21 12:02:24 - last edited 2020-10-21 12:03:33

thanks much   <a href="https://maila-ol.org.uk/">www.aol.co.uk</a>

Options
2020-10-21 17:37:45

@whiteswan 

Hi

It has done it again this afternoon - only for a few mins - deco light remains solid at all times - isp is virgin - every other device web-page is accessible at all times..........

Dave

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 5

Related Articles