TL-MR6400 4G LTE Router and VOIP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-23 08:12:35 - last edited 2020-10-23 08:57:56
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.16.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 191223 Rel.66638n

Good Morning,

I'm looking for some assistance please.  I have purchased the above router and inserted a SIM card and it works great and my customer is delighted.  We want to install a couple of physical VOIP handsets and connect the phones to the router vial the LAN ports.  We have done this and the phones receive a IP address but will not register on the provisioning server to allow VOIP calls.  I have turned off SIP ALG but unfortunately no go.

I was wondering if somebody had managed to connect a physical VOIP phone and and got it working?  I've done some research online and apparently there is some "beta firmware" which could assist and allow VOIP calls but the link to the firmware fails. 

If anyone could assist I would really appreciated it.'

Marcus

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 4G LTE Router and VOIP
2020-10-29 07:54:27

@UTS 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know the model number of your VOIP equipment?

Have you tried to open DMZ for the VOIP phones to see If that helped?

(it is under the Advanced>Nat forwarding>DMZ)

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:TL-MR6400 4G LTE Router and VOIP
2020-10-30 10:37:22

@Sunshine  Hi, thank you very much for the response.  To be honest this is a very strange situation.  I currently use VOIP handsets that connect to the broadsoft network.  The service requires that we turn off SIP ALG to work correctly.  When I disable SIP ALG on the router it disconnects the phone completely.  When I enable SIP ALG it reconnects straight away and seemingly works without any problems.  The phones work by connecting to a provisioning server and once configured correctly can connect to any router at any location and work correctly.  I tried the DMZ option and it makes no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marcus

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1712

Replies: 2