Installed Archer TX50E PICe adapter and drivers, bluetooth working but not wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-23 14:11:24 - last edited 2020-10-28 02:50:01
Model: Archer TX50E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've fitted the new adapter into the available PCIe slot on my asus rog strix b450-f  motherboard, and installed the latest drivers for both Bluetooth and WiFi. My Bluetooth seems to be working but not my WiFi - the WiFi sign in the task bar is not even showing. 

Hope someone can help with this! 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Installed Archer TX50E PICe adapter and drivers, bluetooth working but not wifi
2020-10-24 11:00:22
I have the same problem, just bought the WiFi card.
Options
Re:Installed Archer TX50E PICe adapter and drivers, bluetooth working but not wifi
2020-10-28 05:16:04

@Kathy_Z 

Thank you for your reply!

Indeed the wireless adapter was never detected by my motherboard. I have tried everything you said but i also tried to instal the wireless adapter into another computer and it worked properly, so i'm guessing it is a compability issue between my motherbord and the wireless adapter. The model of my motherbord is Asus P8B75-V.

Options
2020-12-08 04:10:39
I have the same problem, my motherboard is a Asus ws c621e sage
Options
2020-12-11 10:05:46

@fjcvalortis 

Have you tried all the suggestions provided by Kathy_Z? Does this adapter work fine on another computer?

Options
2020-12-15 21:49:36

@Tech-newbie  i also just recieved the TX50E very nive care fits perfect bluetooth work fine, just the wifi is not being read by any means. 

I have a Asus Prime Z490 a  

If there is a solution someone please message me 

Thanks

Options
2020-12-15 21:50:27

@fjcvalortis  Any luck finding a solution is it going to have to be a refund 

fjcvalortis wrote

I have the same problem, my motherboard is a Asus ws c621e sage

Options
2020-12-19 17:56:07

@Tech-newbie Hello. 

I just had some similar issues installing my TP link TX50E. The solution for me was to put the card in another PCI E slot. Most motherboards have a shorter PCI E slot at the top. Try putting the card in that slot. 

Options
2021-02-09 11:12:05

@Tech-newbie Also have a problem with TX50E. It's detected and the Bluetooth works, but Wifi is just terrible;

2.4Ghz works, but it's slow and unstable

5GHz doesn't work at all; it connects, and the Wifi status even says connection speed is 1.2GBps, but the internet and network connections don't work at all and the connections is  lost (Not connected) after about 10 seconds

My mobo is Asus Prime X570-p. The trend I'm seeing here is that everyone in this thread also have an Asus motherboard.

Additional info:

- tried reinstalling drivers (both from TP-LINK and Intel websites)

- installed latest motherboard drivers and updated BIOS

- tried every PCI-e slot (including the 16x)

- tested on 2 different routers (ISP provided ZTE and Archer AX50) and the card behaved exactly the same; OK-ish on 2.4GHz, connection lost on 5GHz

- 5Ghz briefly worked on Archer AX50 when I forced channel 52 (i was testing different channel/bandwith combos) but it lost connection after 5-10 mins and failed to reconnect. Also the speeds were nowhere near AX

-  the card works on a very old asus board with Intel i5-2500 so it's a driver issue

Options
2021-03-31 23:09:25 - last edited 2021-03-31 23:13:32

Hi Kevin,

The specs of the system I've got problems with installing this card is the a120 from redux,

you can find full sepcs here: https://reduxgaming.nl/gaming-pc/redux-gamer-premium-a120/

The page is in Dutch, but if you you to specs, the images should explain all the specs in detail.

Important specs: 

Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

CPU: AMD 3600

GPU: RTX2060

PSU: 600W Silentium

Things I've tried besides the solution mentioned before:

1) I downloaded the Intel driver and support assistant, card was not detected.

2) Under device manager, showed hidden devices, the card showed up there, but gave error 35 (device not detected), tried to right-click + Detect hardware changes.

3) Uninstalled the driver from point 2, then tried re-detecting, & Manually installed the driver again

4) As the case does not allow me to put the GPU and WIFi card in to each others pci-e slots, I've turned off the system, then took the GPU out, and plugged the card into that x16 slot. Then rebooted the system, waited 10 min, then pressed the power button once. Re seated the card in the original pciex16 (x4 speed) still didn't solve the issue

5) checked the bios ERP was off, left it disabled.

6) Disabled fast boot in windows, disabled power saving options to put usb and PCIE to sleep & maximum performance for wifi.

7) Upodated the bios to F61(Available atm)

On my Gigabyte gaming 7 x470 board it works fine ( the prebuild from Redux was for a friend, the wifi card they needed was recommended by me, as I've used it in the past for another build just fine as well) ( I was troubleshooting with myself and 2 more people for a good 2.5 hours before giving up and taking it with me, we had an internet connection on the host via usb tethering of my phone)

Options
2021-04-07 06:12:36 - last edited 2021-04-07 06:16:18

@Minatsukiyo 

Hello, thank you for your valuable feedback. 

For TX50E hardware not detected problem, please try a PCIEx1 Slot / PCIEx4 slot and see if this helps ( photo attached for Gigabyte B450M DSH)

If still the same problem, can you share with us a photo of the Unknown device under Hidden device and Error Code?  if you unplug TX50E adapter does the unknown device disappear? Thank you. 

FYI, for now the latest Intel driver is 22.40: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/189347/-Wi-Fi-6-AX200

File:
Gigabyte B450M DS3H.pngDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11039

Replies: 13