TL-WA850RE - Can't seem to properly connect to the extender's network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-23 16:12:30 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:01:59
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone, i've purchased a TL-WA850RE model and i've been trying to connect it to my router through WPS. Everything connects properly and my devices (both my mac and my iphone) recognize the extenders network, yet when i try to log in using my router's password it says the password is incorrect. i've tried changing the routers password and it still says it is incorrect. Any tips on how to solve this? thanks in advance! =) 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WA850RE - Can't seem to properly connect to the extender's network-Solution
2020-10-26 07:01:54 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:01:59

@marymary 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

We used to get some feedback about this issue and after further tests and analysis, it is due to the WPS function of some specific routers, such as Technicolor/Thomson Modem/Routers.

Once the WPS function enabled on the router, it would randomly generate a super long password for the extender;

So, if you had the same issue, please feel free to update this thread with the model of your host router and try to set up the extender via Tether APP or Web management page;

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Thank you very much

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE - Can't seem to properly connect to the extender's network-Solution
2020-10-26 07:01:54 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:01:59

@marymary 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

We used to get some feedback about this issue and after further tests and analysis, it is due to the WPS function of some specific routers, such as Technicolor/Thomson Modem/Routers.

Once the WPS function enabled on the router, it would randomly generate a super long password for the extender;

So, if you had the same issue, please feel free to update this thread with the model of your host router and try to set up the extender via Tether APP or Web management page;

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Thank you very much

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 523

Replies: 1