Tether app & device name (Archer_A7)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-24 01:56:09
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20200721 rel. 40773

In the Tether app on Android (latest app version), when I change the name of my router from the default "Archer_A7" so it shows on the device list at start up, it doesn't stay changed.  I've changed it to different values, and each time it reverts back to the default name "Archer_A7".

Please submit this as a bug report to the developers and have it tested and fixed.  Thanks!

- glen
Options
8 Reply
Re:Tether app & device name (Archer_A7)
2020-11-12 10:39:18

@Glen.Appleton 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We have reported it to the senior engineers already.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. After changing the device name, normally how long would it last?
  2. During this period, have you cleared the DNS caches or done some changes on the smartphone?

Thanks a lot.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2020-11-13 00:00:54

@Myapps 

1. Sometimes it would hold for about a day, other times it would already be changed back the next time I open the app (within hours).

2. No, there were no changes to the phone between the time it was set, and the time it reverted back.

Thanks for creating the bug report and submitting to the devs.

- glen
Options
2020-11-26 03:49:10

@Glen.Appleton 

Thank you for your detailed info, we would like to escalate this case to the engineers and ask them to investigate further. Please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Options
2020-12-31 18:13:07

Kevin_Z wrote

@Glen.Appleton 

Thank you for your detailed info, we would like to escalate this case to the engineers and ask them to investigate further. Please check your email box and respond, thanks.

I was informed that the issue is with the latest firmware version.  Any updates on if a fix will be implemented in the next firmware release, and when that might be?

Thanks!

- glen
Options
2021-01-04 11:13:19

@Glen.Appleton 

Hi Glen, thanks for asking, while we have no ETA for the new firmware yet, it is suggested to keep an eye on the official wesbite or on your router web GUI in case there is a new firmware available.

Options
2021-02-02 14:41:48

@Kevin_Z,

I installed the latest firmware version published 2021-01-29, which states that it fixes this issue (item #5 in the fixes list), but it does not.  While the new name does take initially on the details page for the router in the app, the device list is not updated.  After closing the app and re-opening it once, the new name is in the device list.  After repeating the close / re-open step one more time, the device name is reverted to "Archer_A7".

Firmware page: Download for Archer A7 | TP-Link (tp-link.com)

This issue still is not fixed.  Please let the developers and testing people know that it's still on ongoing issue that should be addressed.  Thanks!

- glen
Options
2021-02-03 06:38:12

@Glen.Appleton 

Thank you very much for checking. We have reported this to the developers to confirm.

Options
2021-10-27 07:05:38

@Glen.Appleton You can also download and install https://apksprofree.com/fun-run-3-mod-apk/. If you face any issue you can contact me any time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1315

Replies: 8

Related Articles