Archer A8 Lan stuck at 100mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-26 05:39:28 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:47:47
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 200907 Rel.62218n(5553)

Model is actual Archer A8, I just choose Archer A9 because there's no A8 on the option above

I'm already using CAT8 lan cable but still the router limits me to 100mbps

Not sure if this is related, but I already configured this setting to use 1000mbps, I can't find other settings for LAN to set to 1000mbps full duplex

Please help me remove the 100mbps limit on my LAN connection. on my iPhoneX i was connected via 5G and getting 170mbps

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A8 Lan stuck at 100mbps-Solution
2020-10-26 07:47:41 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:47:47

@EZWON 

Hi, thanks for notifying the A8 is missing from the product list, we have added it now.

For the LAN negotiation issue you encountered, may I know what kind of device is connected to the A8's LAN 1 port, is it a computer or some other devices? It is also suggested changing another wired device with gigabit Ethernet ports to do a test. 

What is the length of the Ethernet cable between the A8 and the device connected to the LAN 1 port, in other words, what is the distance between them? Try another cat8 or cat6 cables.

If none of the above works, please tell us the brand and model number of the gigabit Ethernet adapter on that PC or device, we will check and investigate further.

BTW, what is the bandwidth provided by your ISP? What is the speed you can get when you connect a PC directly to the modem?

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A8 Lan stuck at 100mbps-Solution
2020-10-26 07:47:41 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:47:47

@EZWON 

Hi, thanks for notifying the A8 is missing from the product list, we have added it now.

For the LAN negotiation issue you encountered, may I know what kind of device is connected to the A8's LAN 1 port, is it a computer or some other devices? It is also suggested changing another wired device with gigabit Ethernet ports to do a test. 

What is the length of the Ethernet cable between the A8 and the device connected to the LAN 1 port, in other words, what is the distance between them? Try another cat8 or cat6 cables.

If none of the above works, please tell us the brand and model number of the gigabit Ethernet adapter on that PC or device, we will check and investigate further.

BTW, what is the bandwidth provided by your ISP? What is the speed you can get when you connect a PC directly to the modem?

Thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1523

Replies: 1