Problem with multiple deco`s network with same network name ssid

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-27 08:47:04 - last edited 2020-10-27 09:53:06

There is no option  like  a new site  with any name    and after that to create a  more networks name   .If i create  the same ssid  on a couple clients how to know which ssid network on who client is?I need option like a comment on every ssid  network or something like a new site with any name

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problem with multiple deco`s network with same network name ssid-Solution
2020-10-27 09:53:02 - last edited 2020-10-27 09:53:06

@Ro-Ni 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Do you mean you want to create a different wireless network name for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz as well as different name for different Deco units? Sorry that Deco currently doesn't support that, while we have noted that, and we will remind our R&D team to evaluate the feasibility to add this feature. 

It may take some time to develop such a feature if it is accepted, you are suggested to keep an eye on your Deco app for any updates.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem with multiple deco`s network with same network name ssid-Solution
2020-10-27 09:53:02 - last edited 2020-10-27 09:53:06

@Ro-Ni 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Do you mean you want to create a different wireless network name for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz as well as different name for different Deco units? Sorry that Deco currently doesn't support that, while we have noted that, and we will remind our R&D team to evaluate the feasibility to add this feature. 

It may take some time to develop such a feature if it is accepted, you are suggested to keep an eye on your Deco app for any updates.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Problem with multiple deco`s network with same network name ssid
2021-06-23 00:48:31
So that is one thing that would help me. I currently have IoT on 2.4 on a SSID that the devices can see (some IoT devices cannot deal with a no SSID broadcast) and 5 has a different SSID that my client computers connect to and has no SSID broadcast. I see nothing in the phone app for the w6000 series to allow for channel selection or a per radio SSID configuration. The fact that the device that I am working with has a WEB UI that does not allow for configuration of the unit is beyond belief.
Options
Re:Problem with multiple deco`s network with same network name ssid
2022-03-03 09:26:54

@David-TP After 1,5 years no solution found ??? Too bad, it would have been practical for IoT. sad

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 858

Replies: 3