Kasa app and logs, and location sync

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-27 14:33:08 - last edited 2020-11-12 09:27:57
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

We've been using the app for a while now with a light switch and two power plugs, and just added a second light switch yesterday, and have always wondered - in the app there is an "Activity" menu that shows each day. This is constantly empty. I would think that when we set schedules - for example I'm the HS200 turning lights on at sunset and off at sunrise, that that activity would be logged under the section; or if I turn something on/odd manually. But there is absolutely nothing there. 

so 1- is there a way to view this activity; and, 2- what is the purpose of this menu in the Kasa app as it just lists each day with nothing in it. 

Also in the kasa app, under Settings > Location and Time - I do a manual sync every once in a while as it doesn't seem to want to auto sync. Is that normal?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa app and logs, and location sync -Solution
2020-11-12 09:24:32 - last edited 2020-11-12 09:28:39

@CoryAmy 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Did you mean the activity on the top menu of the Kasa APP?

If yes, it is used to display the motion detection video clip of the Kasa cameras, and would not record the activity of the smart plugs/bulbs/ switches;

Thank you very much.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa app and logs, and location sync -Solution
2020-11-12 09:24:32 - last edited 2020-11-12 09:28:39

@CoryAmy 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Did you mean the activity on the top menu of the Kasa APP?

If yes, it is used to display the motion detection video clip of the Kasa cameras, and would not record the activity of the smart plugs/bulbs/ switches;

Thank you very much.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Kasa app and logs, and location sync
2020-11-12 14:22:59

@Myapps 

yes that is what I meant. Okay so there's no way if viewing various schedules to see if they are "actually" working. You'd think an activity log would be a log of all "activity". Kind of misses the mark. 

Thanks for the reply 

Options
Re:Kasa app and logs, and location sync
2020-11-26 02:40:00

@CoryAmy 

Thank you for your valued suggestions, we will note this kind of feedback and report to our developers at a proper time, good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1626

Replies: 3

Related Articles