Deco M5 AC1300 - Not able to find NAS on wireless connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-27 17:41:04 - last edited 2020-10-28 11:23:40
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 Build 20200924 Rel. 60170

Hi. I was hoping someone could help with an issue.

I have the following wired network:

ISP "modem" --> Netgear switch (GS108T)  --> TP-link Deco M5 main unit

(and then 2 more M5 units that are connected wireless to the main unit)

On the switch i also have a couple of desktop computers (wired connection) as well as an Qnap TS431P NAS (wired).

Connected to the wireless Deco M5 mesh-network are a couple of mobile phones, TV's, laptops/dekstops etc.

All units are connected to internet, wired and wireless - So the Deco M5 works.

However:

Computers that are connected wireless can not find the NAS on the switch. Only wired computers can connect to the NAS.

On the computers that are connected wireless, the NAS will not show in Qnap Qfinder software.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

-

Solved.

I manually connected the wireless units to the NAS with \\IP\Folder from file explorer.
Guess the Qnap software just couldnt find the NAS over wireless connection, but connecting to the NAS manually with IP was no problem.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 AC1300 - Not able to find NAS on wireless connection-Solution
2020-10-28 11:23:26 - last edited 2020-10-28 11:23:40

@Kyrre 

Thanks for the update, and it's glad to know that the issue is resolved.

BTW, may I know if the Deco M5 in router mode or AP mode, and how about the ISP modem, is it a modem router or a modem only? You may compare the IP address on the laptops that connected to the Deco with that connected to the switch directly, if they are in the same IP subnet, there should be no issues when accessing the NAS from the laptop. While if they are in different IP subnets, that means you have double NAT in the network, you either change the ISP modem to model only or bridge mode or change the Deco to AP mode, this issue will be gone.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 AC1300 - Not able to find NAS on wireless connection-Solution
2020-10-28 11:23:26 - last edited 2020-10-28 11:23:40

@Kyrre 

Thanks for the update, and it's glad to know that the issue is resolved.

BTW, may I know if the Deco M5 in router mode or AP mode, and how about the ISP modem, is it a modem router or a modem only? You may compare the IP address on the laptops that connected to the Deco with that connected to the switch directly, if they are in the same IP subnet, there should be no issues when accessing the NAS from the laptop. While if they are in different IP subnets, that means you have double NAT in the network, you either change the ISP modem to model only or bridge mode or change the Deco to AP mode, this issue will be gone.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 AC1300 - Not able to find NAS on wireless connection
2020-10-28 17:00:36

@TP-Link_Deco

Hi.

My "modem" is some kind of multi-purpose thing from the ISP. It is a Zyxel P8702n, and I think this is modem, router and switch all in one package. There is no option to put it in bridge-mode. I checked with my ISP if this was controlled from their side, but no - there was no option for it. Maybe on an older firmware (?).

Anyway .. I used the deco app on my phone to put the M5 as access point, and voila ... the NAS is showing in the Qnap software on laptops/wireless units.

Thanks mate! :)

Options
Re:Deco M5 AC1300 - Not able to find NAS on wireless connection
2020-10-29 05:44:01

@Kyrre 

Hi, you are most welcome, and glad to help you.

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 838

Replies: 3