Deco M4 secundary unit in backhaul not connecting 5ghz for Mi TV Stick

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-28 03:19:10 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:22:06
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am experiencing a very strange behavior in my Mi TV Stick if I try to connect to the secundary M4 deco using backhaul between main deco.

It completely refuses to connect in 5ghz, only 2.4 is working on it, but connection drops a lot. I tried to move near to main deco and it works for 5ghz.

Both cases, the device is only a few meters from deco...

Tried to use at router and access point modes, but no success. Same results.

I suspect that it could be the channel 44 that my deco automatically placed for 5ghz, but it doesn't explain why the main deco works...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 secundary unit in backhaul not connecting 5ghz for Mi TV Stick-Solution
2020-10-28 10:22:02 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:22:06

Hello @Chico_r, thanks for asking.

Can you try to disable the 2.4GHz wireless network via Deco app, then confirm again what is the error message when the Mi TV Stick is next to the satellite Deco node, will it refuse to connect? If that is the case, please show us the error message, thanks.

You may also try to change the security type from WPA2-PSK/AES to WPA2-PSK AES/WPA-PSK TKIP mixed, save and reboot the two nodes, then confirm again.

Meanwhile, you can try to enable the 5GHz guest network to give it a shot.

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 secundary unit in backhaul not connecting 5ghz for Mi TV Stick-Solution
2020-10-28 10:22:02 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:22:06

Hello @Chico_r, thanks for asking.

Can you try to disable the 2.4GHz wireless network via Deco app, then confirm again what is the error message when the Mi TV Stick is next to the satellite Deco node, will it refuse to connect? If that is the case, please show us the error message, thanks.

You may also try to change the security type from WPA2-PSK/AES to WPA2-PSK AES/WPA-PSK TKIP mixed, save and reboot the two nodes, then confirm again.

Meanwhile, you can try to enable the 5GHz guest network to give it a shot.

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M4 secundary unit in backhaul not connecting 5ghz for Mi TV Stick
2020-10-28 12:14:14

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi! Thanks for the prompt answer, that is a good start :)

Yes, I tried to turn off the 2.4 already. That was the way I found to "force" the connection to 5ghz. So, it didn't work.

Yesterday I also tried with AES, Tkip and also no security.

Every change followed by a reboot...

Error message is that it can't connect to que network, (after a while, I suppose that it may be a timeout).

Today I woke up and it was connected at 5ghz. No changes whatsoever, same firmwares, same basic configuration I left with 2.4 and 5 on after a full factory reset of the stick with only 5ghz turned on and close to main deco.

Before going to sleep I moved back close to remote deco and had to turn 2.4ghz on as  5ghz didn't work.

Now it is:

- 2.4 and 5ghz

- only AES

- channels 5 and 44

- AP mode

- Internet Backhaul

Working for the moment. Connection seems more stable (my guess is that the device was trying to connect in 5ghz and that was causing the food, although it seems strange)

Options
Re:Deco M4 secundary unit in backhaul not connecting 5ghz for Mi TV Stick
2020-10-29 05:48:36

@Chico_r 

Weird! While it's glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 803

Replies: 3

Related Articles