AX11000 OneMesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX11000 OneMesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
69 Reply
Re:AX11000 OneMesh?
2021-02-17 06:20:07 - last edited 2021-02-17 06:20:51

@Kevin_Z 

I take it that this, as a "Recommended Solution", is a joke right?

TP-Link's flagship router, touted as the very best your company can offer? Don't get my wrong, I understand bell curves and economies of scale (i.e. release feature improvements on the AX6K because there is a greater impact) but to be frank, the customers who buy your flagships are the ones that help make demonstrator technology mainstream. We're the customers who when someone asks "what router should I buy?" we tell them "get a TP Link. Never given me any trouble".

To be brutally honest, I've owned more TP Link routers in the last 5 years, than any other brand, but I find it a bitter pill to swallow that a software feature is suggested as "to bad, so sad. Maybe buy another one of our routers that does OneMesh". I for one would rather buy a different brand entirely.

Congratulations on eroding years of brand loyalty and recommendations to telco procurement teams.

P.S. Whilst I'm at it. For the love of all that's holy. Add the ability to VLAN tag (802.1q) a PPPoE WAN dialer without having to jump through hoops. The current interface tagging is clumsy.

Options
2021-02-17 21:25:15

@boyne 

Is there anyone fromTP-Link actually reading or monitoring this thread, or are we spitting in the wind? How about a response? You at least owe us this much after purchasing your flagship router. 

Where is the new firmware in terms of development?

When will it be released?

We've been waiting for a very long time.

Options
2021-02-19 21:35:12

Well I was checking in this thread but reading through this and especially the answers from tp reps I know for sure that this will be the last time I've bought tplink products. I just wish I figured it out before I bought it. Now I have to go through selling the bunch through marketplace and loose money over it.. 😒

Options
2021-02-20 10:49:09

@Jonkie 

The trouble with TP Link is they don't give a monkeys about their customers and how to create a culture within a brand.

They build a product around natural demand and force it out into the market for idiots like us to purchase under the false marketing that they are a customer centric tech company.

The end result is a product that can just about do a basic job at an extortionate cost considering the price of the AX11000.

The hardware is poor quality and software is vague.

There are a number of features that don't work like port forwarding, the ability to email notifications, logs and router password resets have been removed because it doesn't work and we've been waiting years for onemesh function to work.

Their tech support is slow and their ability to lead the market with future proofing hardware and software is behind the times.

Like many in this group we are all regretting the purchase of the flagship model which will be redundant shortly because they'll realise it's not capable for some reason and pull the plug.

My entire home network is based on TP Link and will cost me a fortune to replace.

Options
2021-02-20 17:53:38

@boyne 

Is there anyone fromTP-Link actually reading or monitoring this thread, or are we spitting in the wind? How about a response? You at least owe us this much after purchasing your flagship router. 

Options
2021-02-20 17:56:52

@Scott79 

I feel for you. I'm in the same boat, but for me, I will not be buying another TP-Link product after this fiasco since TP-Link even lacks the decency to provide a response of any sort to anyone who has asked about the OneMesh feature for this over-priced router.

Options
2021-02-21 04:54:48

@boyne 

Starting a new thread since this is being purposely buried by TP-Link.

Options
2021-03-08 00:32:01

@boyne 

Is there anyone fromTP-Link actually reading or monitoring this thread, or are we spitting in the wind? How about a response? You at least owe us this much after purchasing your flagship router. 

Options
2021-03-09 14:41:52

@boyne 

Options
2021-03-09 20:05:11
I'm here waiting with you too @boyne. This is ridiculous lol. Let's go TP-Link, pull up your socks.
Options
Related Articles