HS100 can't turn on via voice in Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-28 11:55:43 - last edited 2020-11-09 03:32:06
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hi,

HS100 can turn on and off no problem with Kasa app and Alexa app.

My problem comes when trying to use voice commands in Alexa.

The plug is part of a group of plugs controlling lights in my living room comprising this HS100 and some GoSund plugs.

When I give the command to turn lights on, all come on except for the HS100. 

If I switch the HS100 on manually or via either app, it can be turned off via Alexa voice command.

So I can't turn it on via voice.

What can I do to fix this please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS100 can't turn on via voice in Alexa-Solution
2020-10-31 14:53:06 - last edited 2020-11-09 03:32:06

@Brook 

Hi

Yes it is weird.

It had been working fine on its own until I bought some more smart plugs and created a group, then the problems started.

I think I have figured it out though. It seems to have been a naming problem because I initially had the plugs named as Lights1, Lights2 and so forth. And the group was called Lights.

I've since given the plugs different names such as Mirror Lights, Lamp etc and I have renamed the group to Lounge.

All is working fine once I did this.

Thanks

SP

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS100 can't turn on via voice in Alexa
2020-10-31 14:39:59

@scrumpypaul 

Good day.

Thank you for your time and patience.

It is kind of weird for the HS100.

Just to confirm in case I made any mistakes, if the plug is added into an Alexa group, it would not turn on according to the voice command, but if it has already been turned on the Kasa APP, It would turn off according to the voice command, right?

Did this issue start since you bought the plug?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:HS100 can't turn on via voice in Alexa-Solution
2020-10-31 14:53:06 - last edited 2020-11-09 03:32:06

@Brook 

Hi

Yes it is weird.

It had been working fine on its own until I bought some more smart plugs and created a group, then the problems started.

I think I have figured it out though. It seems to have been a naming problem because I initially had the plugs named as Lights1, Lights2 and so forth. And the group was called Lights.

I've since given the plugs different names such as Mirror Lights, Lamp etc and I have renamed the group to Lounge.

All is working fine once I did this.

Thanks

SP

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HS100 can't turn on via voice in Alexa
2020-11-08 15:13:05

@scrumpypaul  Alexa would not work for some reason for me too but, this video showed me how to setup kasa smart plug with Alexa. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxtWMi0tns

good luck!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 726

Replies: 3