Ethernet printer not detecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-28 14:19:37 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:37:05
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I just bought this system and I have an Ethernet printer that was able to be detected on my old router but not on my new Deco E4. I have an Ethernet cable from modem going in slot one of Ethernet and second slot has my printer plugged in. When I'm doing a search for printer on my home network, nothing is coming up. I'm just wondering if there are any settings I need to play with or something else I need to do to make my printer visible on network? Please help thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ethernet printer not detecting-Solution
2020-10-29 06:37:01 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:37:05

@raviji22 

Hi, thanks for asking. 

Please check if your printer was assigned a static IP address before when it was working with the old system, if there is a static IP address, ensure it is in the IP subnet of the new system now, the default IP address of the E4 system should be 192.168.68.1, which means your printer should use this 192.168.68.x now.

While if you don't know how to confirm it on the printer, it is suggested to search on the printer website for some instructions or contact their support, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet printer not detecting-Solution
2020-10-29 06:37:01 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:37:05

@raviji22 

Hi, thanks for asking. 

Please check if your printer was assigned a static IP address before when it was working with the old system, if there is a static IP address, ensure it is in the IP subnet of the new system now, the default IP address of the E4 system should be 192.168.68.1, which means your printer should use this 192.168.68.x now.

While if you don't know how to confirm it on the printer, it is suggested to search on the printer website for some instructions or contact their support, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1

Related Articles