Slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speeds
Slow speeds
2020-10-28 14:52:39 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:31:21
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Having issues with download speed.

Getting 700 mbps when plugged into my Virgin box, I get around 650 when connected into the main node. However when I plug into a satellite node I only get around 90 mbps. Even when I have a CAT6 lan cable connecting the satellite node to the main node.

Any suggestions on this? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slow speeds-Solution
2020-10-29 06:31:16 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:31:21

@Tapptastic 

Hello, can I have more detailed info about your network and connection first, then we will try to figure it out?
1. What is the current network diagram? Are there 2 Deco M4s in the network, and they are connected to each other via a cat6 cable? Is the main Deco working as a router or access point?
2. What is the distance between the 2 Deco M4 nodes? Try to connect your computer to the 2nd Deco M4 by an Ethernet cable, then run a speedtest to test the wired connection. It is strongly suggested changing with different cat5e or cat6 cables, which may make difference.
3. Relocate the 2nd Deco M4 and move it closer to the main Deco, ensure there are no/fewer obstacles between them. If it doesn’t make sense, reboot all the Deco units for a try.
4. How about the link speed on that computer when it is connected to the 2nd Deco M4? Please confirm it as below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/
Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow speeds-Solution
2020-10-29 06:31:16 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:31:21

@Tapptastic 

Hello, can I have more detailed info about your network and connection first, then we will try to figure it out?
1. What is the current network diagram? Are there 2 Deco M4s in the network, and they are connected to each other via a cat6 cable? Is the main Deco working as a router or access point?
2. What is the distance between the 2 Deco M4 nodes? Try to connect your computer to the 2nd Deco M4 by an Ethernet cable, then run a speedtest to test the wired connection. It is strongly suggested changing with different cat5e or cat6 cables, which may make difference.
3. Relocate the 2nd Deco M4 and move it closer to the main Deco, ensure there are no/fewer obstacles between them. If it doesn’t make sense, reboot all the Deco units for a try.
4. How about the link speed on that computer when it is connected to the 2nd Deco M4? Please confirm it as below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/
Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Slow speeds
2020-10-29 08:28:33

@TP-Link_Deco 

I actually figured out the issue. I actually have 2 e4 nodes that have lan ports capped at 100mbps :) 

Thanks for coming back to me though

Options
Re:Slow speeds
2020-10-29 10:16:46

@Tapptastic 

I see, if it is E4, then there is no wonder the Ethernet speed will be capped at 100mbps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 3

Related Articles