Archer ax10 2.4ghz too slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-28 23:53:29
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200827 Rel. 40928(4555)

Hi,

So i have archer ax10 hooked by cat5e cable to a wifi repeater to provide coverage for my second floor.

When i test speeds (1 device) next to the router i get the following :

60+ mbps on 5 GHZ

4 mbps Or less on the 2.4 GHZ

It doesn't look normal to me, there shouldn't be this big of a difference in speed. What am i missing

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer ax10 2.4ghz too slow
2020-11-11 01:50:48

@Cipherby 

Hello, sorry to hear the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. How did you test this Wi-Fi speed via the router? Did you disconnect all the other devices from it and only leave one laptop or phone performing the test? It is suggested to change a new 2.4GHz SSID and password and connect only one phone or laptop to perform the speedtest 3 times.

2. How about the 2.4GHz wireless negotiation speed on that device? If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try another wireless device with more powerful wireless cards.

3. Please simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the AX10 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz and 5GHz is 80MHz. Here is the guide to modify the wireless settings on the router:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

4. Please disable QoS on the AX10 (if there is one) or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

BTW, what is the bandwidth provided by your ISP?

Additionally, please refer to the instruction below to narrow down the issue. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Options
2021-05-03 22:34:22

@Kevin_Z 

hey Kevin, another one with the issue with the wifi really slow. I followed all the steps repeated on this thread and the issue still persists. Besides, the network is really unstable, even not allowing to connect any device.

I chose this device because I read that it was enough good on its segment, but it's basically useless for iOT devices, which work under 2,4 ghz. 

Any solution?

Options
2021-05-06 06:13:11

@Albertuslm 

What is the hardware and firmware version of the Archer AX10? Ensure it is on the latest firmware.

What are the devices connected to the 2.4G network? Is the 2.4G network not connectable for most of the smart devices? Try to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel for the 2.4G network, then change the 2.4G channel width to 20MHz, change the security to WPA2-PSK/AES, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

Are the 2.4G and 5G sharing the same network name? Is the Smart Connect enabled or disabled on the AX10? Try to disable the Smart Connect, then set a different network names for the 2.4G and 5G network, optimize your wireless network, for the devices with small traffic, please connect them to the 2.4G network, like smart devices/Cameras; for the devices with high traffic, please connect them to the 5G wireless network, like the smartphone/PC/TV, then monitor the connectivity again.

Options