Archer C80 Unable to connect to the internet using Dynamic IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-29 07:57:30 - last edited 2020-11-09 03:44:05
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 200907 Rel.62218n(5553)

My old router(dlink) used was setup using Dynamic IP. I setup my new archer c80 today using dynamic IP and it worked for a few minutes.

The internet led on the router then turned orange/red and I could no longer connect to the internet. Changing the connection type to PPPOE has fixed it and I'm able to connect again. The internet status led is back to being green as well.

What can I do to get this working again? Should I just continue using PPPOE or is it an issue?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C80 Unable to connect to the internet using Dynamic IP-Solution
2020-11-09 03:43:53 - last edited 2020-11-09 03:44:05

@Rich_Thecks 

Hello,

Generally speaking, this WAN connection type is decided and provided by your ISP, so it both Dynamic and PPPoE are working, your ISP may provide both. You can just leave it PPPoE since it can build up a stable connection, while Dynamic IP fails.

However, it is suggested to confirm this with your ISP if you just want to confirm this.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C80 Unable to connect to the internet using Dynamic IP-Solution
2020-11-09 03:43:53 - last edited 2020-11-09 03:44:05

@Rich_Thecks 

Hello,

Generally speaking, this WAN connection type is decided and provided by your ISP, so it both Dynamic and PPPoE are working, your ISP may provide both. You can just leave it PPPoE since it can build up a stable connection, while Dynamic IP fails.

However, it is suggested to confirm this with your ISP if you just want to confirm this.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 1

Related Articles