HS110 Automation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS110 Automation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS110 Automation
HS110 Automation
2020-10-29 20:29:03
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I have an HS110 and I need some advice on how to use it to trigger another device. I would like that when my sump pump is turned on (plugged into my HS110) to have it turn on my heat tape (plugged into my KP400) for 5 hours. This way I am not leaving my heat tape turned on all winter. 

If this was supported, every rural person in a cold climate would buy one. This could save energy, save money, and would be very popular with anyone in a cold ckliamte with a well water system. 

If anyone could recommend a sotware package to do that I would appreciate it. That kind of scene control in the Kasa app would be a big seller.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS110 Automation
2020-10-29 21:33:36

@Gman4444 AutomationManager on google play does this easily (you need to run it as a server).  There are other PC and rPI automation applications that can do this as well.  Some cloud services might be able to do it, but that's a bit riskier as they're less reliable.  I haven't seen any commercial devices with that kind of function built on board.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-10-30 14:38:15
I will give AutomationManager a try though I would prefer a PC application as I already run a 24x7 server on UPS backup. I will try it on an old phone and if it works I might look into Nox or Bluestacks. Thanks for the heads up.
Options
2020-10-30 16:17:42

@Gman4444 Have a look under "downloads" on my site - there's a java version that runs on a server.  It's free to run, to add automation you need android client to program the rules.  Because of the dependency on the google libraries and network access running it as a server in android emulator is quite tricky.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 3

Related Articles