No notifications or connection alerts from Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No notifications or connection alerts from Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:No notifications or connection alerts from Deco
2021-02-07 07:34:18

@andrefonseca 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind update.

We have reported the feedback to the senior engineers already for further improvement.

When Deco is on the access point mode, most of the network data is processed by the NAT gateway directly, so if possible, it is recommended to use the connection alerts under the router mode;

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-02-14 23:15:38

@PaulWilson 

Same here - Android phone (Samsung S20), can't create push notifications same error as above (Screenshot) but my devices are also in AP mode.
3 Deco M4s, 1GB backhaul to router on each.  Surely this is still a usable - and useful - feature ?

It would be useful (if not) to have options that are not really available to the user because of the mode of use, greyed out in the App perhaps ?

(I also found out a few weeks ago that setting static IP setting for the M4's is only available when they are in Router Mode - spent ages trying to find the setting so I could put my AP's in a set range of my IP's for ease of management (where I have network switches and the like) - only to find that I can't do it unless I switch back to Router Mode - thats not helpful !! )

Options
2021-02-15 21:21:20

CJTheBrave wrote

(I also found out a few weeks ago that setting static IP setting for the M4's is only available when they are in Router Mode - spent ages trying to find the setting so I could put my AP's in a set range of my IP's for ease of management (where I have network switches and the like) - only to find that I can't do it unless I switch back to Router Mode - thats not helpful !! )

@CJTheBrave 

This is off the original topic, but DHCP Reservations on ISP router should work for Deco units running in AP mode. As long as your ISP router has that feature, but many do. 

I used DHCP Reservations to give my Deco units persistent consecutive IP addresses.

Options
2021-03-03 13:03:20

@TP-Link 
Hello, is there any feedback from the senior engineers?
This is an important feature!

Thanks.

Options
2021-05-02 10:22:01

I am also getting the exact same problem in "Access Mode" operation mode.

Firmware Version 1.4.3. Build 20200918 Rel 74289

Options
2021-05-06 11:44:22

@itaish 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

When Deco is on the access point, it is no longer the DHCP server or NAT router anymore.

Since not all the network data would go through from Deco, Deco would only get limited information about the clients and the connection alerts might not be fully functional;

So it is more recommended to use the connection alerts under wireless router mode;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-06 12:19:05 - last edited 2021-05-06 12:19:39

TP-Link wrote

Since not all the network data would go through from Deco, Deco would only get limited information about the clients and the connection alerts might not be fully functional;                                                                           

@TP-Link 

That would be reasonable explanation if no connection alerts were available in AP mode, yet this is not the case. In AP mode, Deco app still reports new devices connected.

Which means:

1. Deco mesh does see all devices that try to connect to it;

2. Deco mesh knows the difference between new device unseen before and devices that were previously connected.

... and yet Deco does not notify about previously connected devices joining the network again.

Don't get me wrong: I do very much appreciate that I am at least alerted of new devices joining the network, when Deco runs in AP mode, because this is what concerns me primarily.

Finally, it would be nice to just disable (gray out) Connection Alerts configuration options that are not available in AP mode, instead of having user going through Alerts setup just to get not very helpful "Unable to create the alert" error message at the end. Please consider this a feature request for Deco app developers.

Options
2022-02-10 05:52:35
I have the same issue with my Deco X60 and they are in router mode.
Options
2022-08-01 04:29:59

Seriously, is this ever going to be fixed?

Options
Related Articles