Latest E4 firmware causing big ping issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-31 01:32:59
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am having serious problems while playing COD on the newest deco firmware. There are constant ping spikes (about every 20 seconds). Its impossible to play. 

I have now plugged my Ethernet back into my modem instead of the deco and it plays absolutely fine. 

Is there a way someone can send me the old firmware to downgrade too? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Latest E4 firmware causing big ping issues
2020-11-05 10:14:05

@samharris1993 

Hello, you can try to download the previous firmware from the official website and upgrade it via its web GUI if you want to give it a go. While for the ping spikes or latency issue you reported, we hope to get more details about the network layout, then we can ask our engineers to further analyze it, thank you all in advance:
1. Please show us how many Deco devices in the network and how are they connected.
2. When there are ping spikes, is the client device connected to the main Deco or the satellite, is it connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect that computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.
3. Login to M4 Main Deco node through its IP address or domain name, with web browser, to check the CPU and memory utilization. From there, you can select other Deco nodes and see their utilization. That page is dynamically updated, kindly show us a screenshot.

4. Is there any speed issue or disconnect when there are ping spikes? How much  bandwidth you get from your ISP? How is the speed you can get when connected to Deco?

Thanks.

Options
Re:Latest E4 firmware causing big ping issues
2020-11-05 12:56:01
Can you send me the link to the previous firmware? I can only see the latest firmware on the website. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 412

Replies: 2