TP-LINK AC AX series

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-LINK AC AX series

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-LINK AC AX series
TP-LINK AC AX series
2020-11-01 09:28:10
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

How does router validate connection for making green led lights and no pushing build in captive portal with message validate your connection and so on ... i've using that routers for my production and i need to push my validation captive portal but router say that no internet connection and my portal didn't displays to end user .... at older tp-link routers like 740, 840, 841, 842, 940, 941, 4300 and so on everything is working ....

So can you give me what url trying to open router or ping to check internet connection ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-LINK AC AX series
2020-11-02 06:17:19

@RipperR 

Hello, can you describe the issue in more details? How do you connect this A5 to the internet? Is the WAN connection type Dynamic IP? As for standard portal Wi-Fi, when you connect to that network and open a web browser, you will see an authentication portal page, do you mean there is no such page popping out when connected to the A5 network?

Is the settings on the A5 exactly the same as those on the other 740, 840, 841, 842, 940, 941, 4300 routers?

BTW, who is the ISP, that provides the internet connection?

Options
2020-11-02 08:49:55 - last edited 2020-11-02 08:52:58

@Kevin_Z connected to wan port, dynamic, at old routers connection the same, captive portal doesn't display it overrides built in router with message check internet connection. If i write to browser direct ip of captive portal is show's. Ive use that routers at each house to let users pay for internet its like hotel but people rent house.

At old routers it works.

Router check internet connection some how and think that its some problem and overrides everything with built in portal but i need to be shown my captive portal. So need to unblock connection for some resources to make it accessable for router.

Options
2020-11-03 03:38:57

@RipperR 

Hello, thanks for the update.

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2020-11-16 12:44:33
As any way to contact tech department to ask them exactly how (in firmware) router check internet connection is it ok or not? Ping something resolve dns or what? Two state of wan wan orange green (blue)... What rule when router make design to show popup page "check internet connection blabla" ALL old routers 940/840/740 4300 and other with same firmware works well even quite new 820N works too... Direct connected notebook or Wi-Fi bridged Android IOS cellphone works too. Captive page shown and everything ok... But at New routers nothing here A2 A5 A6 not all three at least works (I have tested it with latest firmware)...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 4

Related Articles