Cannot connect LG TV to Archer VR400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-02 15:51:34 - last edited 2020-11-03 02:29:15
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest install

I have been using the Archer VR400 connected to an Ethernet out port out my modem at home.

My LG TV : Model 65UN73006LA dropped connection from this router and will refuse to connect - it will say connected but the TV will say connection is broken - All other devices can connect without issues but just not the TV

On the other hand the TV will connect to my older router and with Ethernet connected without any issues.

I have tested the Archer VR400 with 2.4ghz off , then with both signals on, then with only 5ghz on and still same issue persists.

I have tried to change the DNS settings on the advanced settings to numerous different DNS and still same issue. I have tried adding the same settings from the connection on my phone and not working.

I am connecting to the WAN/Ethernet port on the back of the Archer VR400  - its very frustrating as the older TP link slow router is working fine but this faster device is now useless for the TV

I contacted LG and I had already tested all their steps and they have stated that because the TV is working on Ethernet and wifi on the old router that its not the TV.

I'm going to bring this router back and exchange it unless someone can shed light on the issue  

Please help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot connect LG TV to Archer VR400
2020-11-05 06:00:52

@Garym5 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

What is the hardware and firmware version about Archer VR400?

Have you tried to connect the LG TV also via Ethernet cable to the Archer VR400?

What is the model number of the old TP-Link router?

Does this TV needs IPTV/VLAN tag to work, or just the normal network TV needed to be connected to the internet?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 1