How to configure xxxxx.tplinkdns.com

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-02 21:51:03 - last edited 2020-11-05 09:38:39
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I'm wondering how to enable and access tplinkdns.com feature.

I've entered the sub domain and clicked save in the Deco app but entering the URL doesn't work in my web browser.  I use DDNS to access my NAS box and I had to forward a port but I asummed you wouldn't need to for the Router.

What am I missing, I've Googled and it doesn't come up with the P9.

Hoping for some advice, TIA.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to configure xxxxx.tplinkdns.com -Solution
2020-11-05 09:38:35 - last edited 2020-11-05 09:38:39

@GiGoVX 

Hello, if you want to visit the local resources, you will need to do port forwarding on the Deco first:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1797/

If you have already finished that but still cannot visit the NAS from an outside network, to locate the issue, please provide us with the below information:
1. What is the current network topology/layout? What is the WAN IP address of the Deco? If it is a public IP, there should be no issues. While if it is a private IP address, you may need to do the port forwarding for the Deco as well on the front-end modem or router.
2. If all the above has been confirmed correct, try to access the NAS from the outside via the WAN IP address: port number to confirm if it is accessible. If yes, there should no issue then.

3. As for the TP-Link DDNS, it is quite easy, you just need to register your own domain and that's it, you will then be able to visit the local resources via that domain.

I hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to configure xxxxx.tplinkdns.com -Solution
2020-11-05 09:38:35 - last edited 2020-11-05 09:38:39

@GiGoVX 

Hello, if you want to visit the local resources, you will need to do port forwarding on the Deco first:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1797/

If you have already finished that but still cannot visit the NAS from an outside network, to locate the issue, please provide us with the below information:
1. What is the current network topology/layout? What is the WAN IP address of the Deco? If it is a public IP, there should be no issues. While if it is a private IP address, you may need to do the port forwarding for the Deco as well on the front-end modem or router.
2. If all the above has been confirmed correct, try to access the NAS from the outside via the WAN IP address: port number to confirm if it is accessible. If yes, there should no issue then.

3. As for the TP-Link DDNS, it is quite easy, you just need to register your own domain and that's it, you will then be able to visit the local resources via that domain.

I hope this helps.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to configure xxxxx.tplinkdns.com
2020-11-05 11:01:43

My DDNS for my NAS is perfect, works every time as I have opened the port numbers on the P9

I have entered the sub domain into the Deco app, but it still doesn't let me access xxxxxx.tplinkdns.com do I need to open the port on the router to allow me access to the DDNS for tplinkdns.com?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1525

Replies: 2

Related Articles