Archer AX10 (ax1500) power LED blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 15:30:22
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Archer AX10(US)_V1.20_200908

@Kevin_Z 

Since yesterday my router started having some serious problems. It began with it factory resetting all of a sudden with all the lights turned off, then only power led blinking on and off. During this time, there are no wireless signals and hard reset does not do anything. Power cycle will just result in router turning on and then back to blinking power LEDs.

Only way I could somehow get it to show up that router browser page is to connect it to my laptop through ethernet port.

It would ask for a new password, region/date and ssid/wifi passwords. After the set up is complete, the router seemed to be back to normal. All the leds are solid on and suddenly power led starts to blink and the router shuts off and restarts. And I only get Power LEDs blinking on and off again. Right now, this router is useless to me and if it is not fixed soon, this is a waste of money and time.

I was able to somehow with dexterity, upgrade the firmware to the latest version that there was but it did not help. During the setup, I did not change anything and everything was just default with Dynamic IP.

I have tried everything I could think of from power cycling, hard reset, factory default, upgrading the firmware, even having one device connected to 2.4G or 5G at a time. Nothing would solve this. There are no issues with my ISP because when I use ethernet cable to bring the router back to life for a brief period of time, I have connection.

I do not understand what is causing the factory resets and why is it that I have to connect it to a ethernet port for the router to work ? (It still dies after less than half an hour)

Before I had this problem, the router was working perfectly fine with maintaining high speeds to 3 devices connected to 2.4G and 2 devices connected to 5G

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 (ax1500) power LED blinking
2020-11-04 06:24:29

@ChocolateCake 

Hi, sorry that just notice you have another post here.

Thanks a lot for all the detailed info about the issue you encountered with the AX10 router, does this issue happen suddenly or was there any change in your network or on the AX10 itself?

BTW, we have reminded our email support to respond you ASAP, please check your email box and confirm, thanks.

Please note that the Email inquiries are intended for non-urgent matters and you will typically receive a response within 2 business days. For urgent issues please use our Live Support options in your region.

Options
2020-11-04 13:25:39 - last edited 2020-11-04 13:26:33

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

Thanks for replying back.

This happened suddenly and I did not make any changes to the network or AX 10 itself.

Hello, thanks for bringing this up again, we would like to confirm some details and will help you figure it out:
When the AX10 restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? 

* When it restarts, all the LEDS turn off then they all turn back on (the internet LED shows orange), then all the lights turn off and only power led is blinking. It does not recover from this blinking state afterwards.
May I have your network layout, how is the AX10 connected in your network?

The AX10 is connected to the modem.

Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the AX10 WAN or PPPoE? 

ISP: FIOS             Dynamic IP
Are there only 3 devices connected to AX10? 

Laptop, 1 smart speaker and a phone.
Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the AX10 to restart? 

None that I am aware of, I did not change anything to the router options
Is it the original power adapter on the AX10? If possible, you may try with another power adapter with the same specifications.

I only have the original power adapter that was provided with the box.

Options
2020-11-05 01:00:53

@ChocolateCake 

Hello, thanks for all details. We have replied your email, and we will follow it up via email then.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 2827

Replies: 3

Related Articles