DHCP Server Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP Server Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP Server Not Working
DHCP Server Not Working
2020-11-04 07:18:38
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.19.1 Build 180119 Rel.59618n

I just bought this router TL-WR940N in September 2020. at the end of October it suddenly unable to assign IP Address to several devices. Every devices got this error "failed to obtain ip address" I have done hard reset and even update to the latest firmware but it's still not working. So I end up assign static IP address to each and every devices in my house. Please help, is this a hardware failure? Because TP-Link stated that it won't cover for software error. But I never did anything with the software. So I got confuse here.

Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP Server Not Working
2020-11-05 02:30:51

@neninih 

Hello,

Are there specific devices not obtaining IP address from the WR940N or all of them are experiencing the same issue? How many devices are connected to the WR940N, wired and wirelessly?

Please check the DHCP settings on the WR940N, ensure the start IP address and end IP address are enough for the clients.

Try one more time to reset it to factory defaults, you may go to System Tools-Factory Defaults to reset it, then reconfigure it from scratch, don't import the config files but reconfigure it manually.

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 923

Replies: 1

Related Articles