Deco M4 - PS4 Wifi Connection Low Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 16:35:07
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 20200918 Rel.74289

I don't have any auto-connection problem or etc. but my Deco M4 and PS4 connection speeds are very low. 

My internet speed is 50Mbit and I can only get 500kb/s download and 100Kb/s upload speed on PS4. PS4 is located in the same room (5mt) without any obstacles between. 

Till now I have tried;

• Set Deco as Access Point or Router
  • Change DNS addresses both on Deco & PS4 to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4
  • Disabling Fast Roaming

I am planning to buy 20mt ethernet cable to fix this issue as a final solution . Please help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - PS4 Wifi Connection Low Speeds
2020-11-05 08:31:19

@EmrahS 

Hello,

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:
1. What is the current network topology/layout? How many Deco M4s do you have in total? How are they connected? Is the main Deco working as a router or an access point mode?
2. Have you tested the speed with a computer? Is the PS4 connected to the main Deco or the satellite Deco? Please check the link speed on it. There might be a difference between the speed tested on the Deco app and the actual speed tested on a client, you may refer to the below link for more details:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1865/
3. Please refer to the below troubleshooting to check the QoS settings on the Deco app and ensure it is on the Standard mode:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2429/#case%201 (Case 1)
4. If this doesn't work, please try with different cat6 or cat7 cables between the PS4 and Deco, then check how it goes.

May it help.

Options
Re:Deco M4 - PS4 Wifi Connection Low Speeds
2020-11-23 20:55:50

@TP-Link_Deco i have the exact same issue as described here.

i use deco in acces point mode. The ps4 is about 5 meters away from the main deco ( 3 in total). I dont have any issues with any of the 12 other devices.

im going to try the firmware update and see if it gets any better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1749

Replies: 2