Virgin Media Hub 3.0 - How to change extended network from 2.4ghz to 5ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 16:45:31
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 200514 Rel.6571

Hi guys, 

New to community and needing your help! 

I have a media Virgin media hub 3.0 and currently on a 100mb package. The first two bedrooms upstairs in my house are getting a decent connection, the end two not really getting anything hence bought a TP Link extender. I've placed this in the hallway upstairs as opposed to the one of the bedrooms where I'm not getting a connection. 

I've setup the extender via the tether app and noticed it configured the connection on 2.4ghz? Does this seem right or can someone tell me how I go about configuring the connection over 5ghz please? 

The secondary connection created a new network "router name-ext" if I connect to that in the bedrooms where I don't get connection, I am only now getting 10mb download speeds which isn't great. 

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or ways on how to improve the connection around my house? 

Many Thanks,

Abdul 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Virgin Media Hub 3.0 - How to change extended network from 2.4ghz to 5ghz
2020-11-10 07:19:12

@Dullah05 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

TL-WA850RE only supported 2.4ghz, not 5ghz.

And normally 2.4ghz would be slower than the 5ghz.

So if the whole house is under the same electric meter, you might consider the dual band power-line adapters, such as TL-WPA8630KIT, TL-WPA7510KIT:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/powerline/

Thanks a lot!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 898

Replies: 1