Archer VR400 - WiFi suddenly drops on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 09:39:56
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer_VR400V2_0.6.0_0.9.1_up_boot(200713)_2020-07-16_09.38.58

Hi,

I've bought a TPLink router VR400 less than a month ago.

First few days, router worked fine but as time passed on the issues started.

After a week, my router would suddenly drop the WiFi on both bands once a day. All my clients (4 in number) would all disconnect simultaneously.

When I would try to reconnect all clients receive the same error --> 'Can't connect to this network'

Only a hard reset of the router would initialize the WiFi bands!

Ever since, i would reset my router once a day (Fresh out of the box router...).

The past week the issue got worse, the WiFi dropped at a frequency rate of 5 min after reset!

I've tried to reconfigure the router after restoring to factory reset, the issue still persists.

Then, started looking for firmware upgrades via TPlinks official website and upgraded to the latest: Archer_VR400V2_0.6.0_0.9.1_up_boot(200713)_2020-07-16_09.38.58.

The issue still persists, can't understand how a router with less than a month of lifetime is so unstable.

TPLINK, please advise ASAP.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer VR400 - WiFi suddenly drops on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz
2020-11-05 10:29:26

@Eranmo 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know where are you located and who is your internet service provider?

Have you tested the Ethernet connection to see if it dropped out as well?

Would the internet light or Wi-Fi light turn off when the connection dropped?      

Would rebooting/restarting the modem temporally fix this issue?

By the way, have you checked with the ISP to make sure the internet connection is all fine?

Later, we would like to follow up on your case by email and ask the senior engineers for more advice.

Thanks a lot.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-05 11:58:07

@Sunshine  Hi,

1. I'm located in Israel and my ISP provider is Bezeq International.

I used their router (for loan) for 3 years without any disconnection issues. I bought this router because I needed extra WiFi coverage in my house.

2. Since I don't have any component or PC's that acquire ethernet ports, I'm unable to isolate whether its just a matter of WiFI  only or the ethernet connection also drops.

3. The LED's on the VR400 are all green (sync line ok, wifi component ok, etc. ) as if everything should be working normally, while the WiFi connection drops.

4. As I've stated in my initial thread, I manually have to hard-reset  my VR400 when this happens in order to reconnect to my WiFi SSID again.

My e-mail address: eran444@gmail.com

Options
2020-11-13 11:55:46

@Eranmo 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

We would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email.

Thanks a lot.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 837

Replies: 3

Related Articles