Connection issue VR600 too many clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 17:31:55 - last edited 2020-11-14 02:02:20
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

Would appreciate some help.  I have BT as my ISP and the cable comes into the house and into the VR600.  The VR600 has wifi disabled and I have an mesh wifi network set up via Orbi.  

Connected to the VR600 via ethernet are

Orbi main router

Sonos boost

The ethernet switch for the ethernet ports around the house

All has worked well for a long time.  Now we are seeing some devices occasionally say they are connected but there is no intetnet.  This can happen to both wired and wireless devices.

The fix appears to be switching the VR600 off and then back on again and then the device works.  It is a different devices each time.  It can be a laptop, or mac, or phone etc.  And there is sometimes an error message about DHCP Server / ip addresses

I have logged into the settings on the VR600 and it says I have 99 clients.  DHCP is enable.   is the number of clients to issue and if so how do allow for more?

thanks

Josh

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connection issue VR600 too many clients?-Solution
2020-11-13 19:09:39 - last edited 2020-11-14 02:02:20

Hi

thanks for that.  I have worked out the issue.  I needed to increase the number of IP adresses available by another 30.  That sorted out the problem.  I did this in the archer settings.

thanks

Josh

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connection issue VR600 too many clients?
2020-11-07 16:43:55

@Joshbear40 Hi

having done some more reading, I think the question I need to answer to is what is the Maximum number of wired clients the VR600 can have?

can anyone help?

thanks

Josh

Options
Re:Connection issue VR600 too many clients?
2020-11-13 11:02:41

@Joshbear40 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

For the exact numbers, I might need to check with the engineers first, then come back to you.

For the internet issue, I think the Orbi mesh router is able to handle more clients.

So have you considered setting up the VR600 as the DSL bridge mode, and leave the Orbi router did the NAT and DHCP staff?

As for how to turn the VR600 as the DSL bridge, you could go to advanced> network> internet and choose bridge modem as the internet connection type.

Thanks a lot.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Connection issue VR600 too many clients?-Solution
2020-11-13 19:09:39 - last edited 2020-11-14 02:02:20

Hi

thanks for that.  I have worked out the issue.  I needed to increase the number of IP adresses available by another 30.  That sorted out the problem.  I did this in the archer settings.

thanks

Josh

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 3

Related Articles